1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quail Semonar in NJ

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birdogs, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

FREE QUAIL SEMINAR IN NEW JERSEY

LIKE QUAIL? WANT TO SEE MORE OF THEM? WANT TO LEARN HOW?

YOU ARE INVITED!

On February 11, 2010, Woodland Plantation in cooperation with the New Jersey Audubon Society and The New Jersey Quail Project will sponsor a seminar on Quail habitat and management.

Our featured speaker will be Dr. Chris Williams, Professor of Wildlife Ecology at the University of Delaware. Dr. Williams is a leading expert on the subject of Quail habitat, population and restoration. He conducts classes in Wildlife Population Ecology, Introduction to Wildlife Ecology and Conservation, and Wildlife Policy and Administration at the University of Delaware.

There will also be short talks by Beth Ciuzio of the New Jersey Audubon Society, Joe Matter of The New Jersey Quail Project, and Professional forester Bob Williams. They will discuss habitat projects being planned, under way and already completed. A question and answer period will follow.

As every upland hunter who has hunted “gentleman Bob” knows, the Quail situation in New Jersey is at a critical point. Populations are way down and suitable habitat is disappearing because of development and the loss of suitable habitat. Learn what you can do to turn this trend around and provide this great game bird the chance to survive and prosper in our state once again. Learn how you can make a difference!

WHEN: February 11, 2010
    7:00 PM until 8:30 PM

WHERE: Robert Meyner Reception Center, at the PNC Bank Arts Center
    located ON the Garden State Parkway at Exit 116 in Holmdel,NJ

COST: FREE! Reservations are required. Please call:
    Robert Meyner Reception Center
    (732) 264-3355.

MORE INFORMATION: Call (732) 758-9480

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Y'all come now, hear!

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Are there no NJ shooters interested in Quail?

4. DONNE

DONNE Member

birdogs ; You should contact someone from the English Setter Club of America in Medford N.J. I know they are very interested in Quail habitat due to the number of field trials held there every year. Beautiful grounds !

5. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

I think it is a great thing you are trying to do but for us down here in the vineland area were we shoot a lot of quail I think the date and time are out of our reach it is probley the same for those up north. You are holding it on a Thursday night which as you know is a work night and it is probley between 1 hr. and 2 hr. ride for some people, that means a person would have to leave right from work. I think the location is great but maybe if you had it on a Saturday at around 10:00 giving everyone time. This is just my option. I really hope you well in this endeavor.
    Pete

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I have contacted Hunter Wilcox and he will get the word out to the English Setter Club of America.

The time and location were dictated by several factors. Dr. Williams' availability is limited given his teaching responsibilities. Also, the owner of the Reception Center has volunteered his faciity at no charge. Remember, this is free to attendeed but that does not mean that it costs nothing to put it on. Another factor is that the semi-wild season is still going on so a Saturday would probably not draw a bigger crowd, even if we could get the facility.

I fully understand the difficulty some will have in attendeding. If we get a good turnout, we will consider doing it again elsewhere in the state, perhaps in the Spring. Keep in mind that habitat work needs to be planned and most of it will begin in the Spring. We are trying to do the seminar well in advance of the start of most habitat work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.