1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

QS for Remington 1100 experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tasos, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tasos

tasos Member

I have an Remington 1100 comp and i can not fide a 26"bbl to fit ,I got an older bbl and it did not fit ,i got a newer one and it did not eject the shells and it was loose in the receiver,i called Remington they do not make one for the 1100 comp.My friend told me why dont you cut your 30" pro bore back to 26 "it would only cost you about $55.You only shoot skeet anyway.but I want to ask you experts I'm I opening up a can of warms ? I'm Igoing to ruin the bbl,is it going to perform as pro bore should? your opinion will be greatly appreciated ! Thank you,
    Tasos

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'd be worried that the Pro-Comp barrel, cut back, would be too thin to fit for choke tubes. You might wind up with a skeet barrel.

3. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

That is what he wants, a SKEET barrel.

If You have one of the older 1100 competitions, it is made for trap.
    You would be ruining a great trap gun.

You might want to consider selling it or trading it for one of the 1100 comps that are currently being made for all the sporting games.

The 1100 comps that have been in production lately are for sporting games, skeet, 5 stand, and whatever the hell else they shoot nowadays.

It would be a shame to cut that barrel down.

PM me if you want to sell the gun and include the serial/ model number please.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Why ruin a Pro-Bore barrel?

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What is stopping the older 26" barrel from fitting on the new gun? HMB

6. tasos

tasos Member

The back bottom of the bbl is hitting that black thing that slides up and down on the rails that go in the receiver.The one i tryed was my freinds he has an older one, it was just to think in the back. I tride a newer one and it was loose in the receiver and was told i have to drill the gas ports bigger for it to eject the shells.Thanks

Tasos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.