1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Q20 BLU by QMaxx *project complete*

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 548, Aug 16, 2013.

1. 548

548 Active Member

548_2008_0303113.jpg

This stuff was being demonstrated and sold at the Grand. I listened to the sales pitch one day and walked away impressed but still with all my money in my wallet. A couple days later I finished shooting on Bank 6 right in front of the QMaxx tent. So I stopped in with my dirty gun and used their product at the complimentary cleaning station. I left with a sparkling shotgun, two bottles of Q20 BLU, and thirty some fewer dollars in my wallet.

Anybody remember "Wads Out" sold in Vandalia ten or fifteen years ago? That was good stuff and I've missed it. Until now. This stuff is better. I have no skin in the game, I'd just like to give you a heads up about a great new product. Anybody else use it?
  2. RockHead

RockHead Member

I got some in a small bottle at NSCA Nationals last year in my welcome bag. They supplied free use at the gun lock up to use. Worked well.
    Mike T
  3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I got a small bottle at the Ohio State shoot.

Just to keep em honest I cleaned the bore several times using Hoppes and a bore brush and patches.

I then used their product and I was amazed how much more residue it removed.
    Two patches and bore was clean. Third patch no residue.

It does what they said it would do, at least bore wise.

They said you can use it on the outside metal in place of something like RIG.

I have always used RIG so I will see how it works on the metal.

Regards....Gerald
  4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I bought a small bottle myself at the same tent as 548. I told the guy if he wanted to sell a bottle, to save the whole sales pitch and just prove it. I handed him my 682 and watched as he cleaned it up. Stuff works and doesn't smell too bad either. I was impressed how nice it cleaned the gun. I'll buy again.

I finally figured out the smell, urinal cakes.

Just Say'n......

grntitan_2009_250366.jpg

I'm a sucker for new stuff.
  5. K.B.

K.B. TS Member

this is some good stuff . just try it you will be sold also met Dave the founder owner great person .
  6. Treeguy

Treeguy TS Member

Best thing on the market today. Rust protection, moisture displacement, cleans, and also lubricates. Try the Black Diamond. Great on reloaders. Warren
  7. Doc G

Doc G Member

I also had them clean my gun at the Ohio State Shoot. I thought my gun was already very clean, but using the Q20 BLU and a paper towel, he got more dirt, debris, and unseen rust off my gun. I bought a kit of one large and one small bottle and have been using it ever since. It works very well.

Doug
  8. grntitan

I went back and bought the bigger $17 bottle today. I had cleaned up my back up gun with the stuff last night. My back up gun was supposedly clean. The Q20 removed all sorts of crud you couldn't see. I'm sold. The best part is they are in St.Louis which is a hop skip and a jump from me.

They also sell it by the 1 Gallon, 5 Gallon and 55 Gallon. If the small 2oz bottle cost me $8, wonder how much that 55 Gallon Drum is?? Yikes
  9. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Member

gentleman this product is great. couldnt make the show this year due to dads condition. this product also nuetrlises the salts from the salt tank after cold quense. owner sent me a gallon so i could play with it. was going to bring glass jars to him so he could display how nice it makes the blueing look. made a believer out of hap to. it is really good stuff thnks howard
  10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

"They also sell it by the 1 Gallon, 5 Gallon and 55 Gallon. If the small 2oz bottle cost me $8, wonder how much that 55 Gallon Drum is?? Yikes"

Matt,

I would think that a 55 gallon drum of it would last the rest of your life, plus any kids, grandkids along the way. You could just drop the whole gun in the drum and it would clean it all! LOL
  11. grntitan

Matt,

That's the plan. Heck I'm just gonna store 'em in the drum. :)
  12. 548

548 Active Member

Mike clean your shotgun as normal with Ed's red, then, with the gun still clean, clean it again with Blu. You will be sold. If not, you are very hard to please :)
  13. X1

X1 Member

I bought a bottle at the grand last year and its all I use now,the stuff cleans great and prevents rust and best of all does not attract dust,keeps the guns nice and clean without damaging o-rings on my super x1.
  14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

This stuff may work but for me it smelled so bad I gave it away. It gave me a instance head ache. When they change the odor I will try it again.
  15. JACK

JACK Active Member

Lately my gun does not get dirty...

What does a dirty gun look like anyway? This?
    mia_2008_0303963.jpg
    Perhaps this will show the dirt better
    mia_2008_0303962.jpg
  16. grntitan

Jack,

Send that pretty thing to me and I'll send it back nice and dirty for ya.
  17. JACK

JACK Active Member

Matt. You do not want it. the numbers do not match.
  18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

You should be ashamed to put up photos of that filty thing Jack...send it to me for an extensive cleaning and test firing
  19. 548

548 Active Member

I brought this thread back up to the top to show the performance of the product. A buddy from my kid's hockey team approached me with a special request. He took over the family farm years ago and recently found his dad's shotgun in the barn (I presume, he didn't really say where it was, I drew my own conclusions after looking at it). He understands that the guns value is short in dollars but high in emotion. For this reason he asked if I knew anybody who could "clean it up". Armed with my recently acquired Q20 BLU, I volunteered to tackle the job. Below are the "before" pictures. The only product I will use in this cleaning job is the Q20 BLU. Tomorrow I will post the "after" pictures since this is going to be a day long project.

548_2008_0303118.jpg

548_2008_0303119.jpg

548_2008_0303120.jpg

548_2008_0303121.jpg

548_2008_0303122.jpg

548_2008_0303123.jpg

548_2008_0303124.jpg

548_2008_0303125.jpg

548_2008_0303126.jpg

548_2008_0303127.jpg
  20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Active Member

Cleans critters off the gun you had no idea was there! I like using this product!!

HAP