1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Q: Replacing Front Bead

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DanR, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanR

DanR TS Member

Okay, put this one under the category of stupid human tricks.

I want to replact the front bead of my Beretta 682, but I seem to have stripped the threads on it. (Doh!) Are the threads on the rib likely stripped, or would it just be the threads on the bead itself? What do I need to do to fix that?

Thanks,
    Dan R.

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I would take it to a gunsmith. He will either clean up the threads on the rib if possible, or re-thread it to the next size that fits a bead he has in stock or that you locate.

3. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Take any front sight you like with a shank that will fit in the hole. Add Lock Tite, let it dry and don't worry about the threads. I've never had one come out.
    Dave

4. DanR

DanR TS Member

Thanks Dove and Dave.

Dave, my problem is getting the old one out.

- Dan

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Dan, If you attempt to remove the bead yourself, put masking tape on the rib as tight to the bead as you can. Take a good pliers, and put tape on the end of the pliers. Use the pliers to pull as you turn out the site. Don't pull too hard, just enough to get the threads started as you turn it out. It helps to strap down the gun so it doesn't move. The tape will protect the rib, but be careful to keep the pliers high enough on the bead so you don't touch the rib.

If this is scary to you, spend $25 at the gun shop.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Use a hair dryer and heat up the bead... ofter they are put in with Lock Tight or other "glue". The heat causes the glue to bubble and the thread comes out easily. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shotgun bead sight striped