1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale PYREX Powder Reservoir for Spolar Loader

Discussion in 'For Sale- Vendors Only' started by skeeljc, Jan 6, 2015.

1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

PYREX Powder Reservoir for Spolar Gold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now you can have a powder reservoir for your Spolar Gold that will remain clear even when you leave the powder in the reservoir between loading sessions. I have developed a powder reservoir that incorporates a PYREX glass tube. Corning PYREX glass is the glass used in laboratory equipment. It is highly resistant to chemical attack.

The PYREX glass reservoir is virtually static free.

My PYREX Powder Reservoir is 2-3/4” in diameter and 12” tall (the same height as the Spolar OEM shot reservoir). It holds the same amount of powder as the Spolar OEM reservoir. The top end of the glass tube has been glazed to soften the edges. My PYREX powder reservoir screws on in place of the OEM reservoir.

Powder grains sticking to the reservoir tube are not always the result of static charge. Here is a Spolar powder tube that had powder in it for a long period of time. Note the shrinking of the threaded area. You could actually lift the plastic tube out of its base without turning it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of the newer Hodgdon powders like LONGSHOT, TITEWAD, and TITEGROUP and IMR 700X are extremely corrosive and will attack a plastic reservoir if left in the reservoir for a long period of time. My PYREX powder reservoir is not affected by these corrosive powders.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The PYREX Powder Reservoir is $80.00 plus $12.00 shipping.
    I will accept a personal check, money order or PayPal.
    If you want to do PayPal PM or email me and I will send you a PayPal Invoice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Improved Powder Seal for the Spolar Gold Loader

I can now offer the same powder seal that is in my P/W Machined EZ-FILL Base for your Spolar loader. Now you can use the fine ball powders like Hodgdon H110 and Winchester 296 in your Spolar loader without any leakage.

Two spare powder seals and instructions for replacing the seal are included with each reservoir mount.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Powder Reservoir Mount is $40.00 plus $8.75 shipping.
    I will accept a personal check, money order or PayPal.
    If you want to do PayPal PM or email me and I will send you a PayPal Invoice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Aircooled6racer

Aircooled6racer Active Member

Hello: Do you make any glass powder reservoirs for Dillon reloaders? Just asking since I have a couple that are turning black from the powders I am using. Thanks, Eric

3. skeeljc

Sorry, nothing for the Dillon.

4. Firewater

Firewater Member

how easy are they to break? thanks,mike

5. Firewater

Firewater Member

also is that a drain tube for the powder? mike

6. skeeljc

PYREX glass is tempered glass. Tempered glass is harder to break than plain glass. Glass baking dishes and your typical kitchen measuring cup are made of PYREX glass.

You drain the reservoir just like you do with the OEM Spolar reservoir.

7. kacharley

kacharley Member

I will take the Pyrex Powder reservoir only for the Spolar Gold. I will send the payment via PayPal. Shipping Info will be included in PayPal payment. Total will be 93.00. Just confirm the price is correct. Thanks.

8. berettablaster

berettablaster Member

I received my spolar powder reservoir yesterday. Thanks. G.H.

9. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I was able to get mine installed yesterday. Very nice product and it will be nice to be able to leave powder in the Spolar between loading sessions. I use Titegroup powder and drained the powder faithfully first thing after each loading session and I can still see deterioration in the original powder reservoir and I have only owned the machine for about 4 months.

10. JohnnyOats

JohnnyOats Member

Can you post a picture of the powder seal? What is different over the Standard Spolar? I use H110 for loading .410's and I have to take out the charge bar after 300 or so and clean the powder out. I would be interested if this can solve the problem. I bought a Pyrex Powder Reservoir from you a year or so ago and love it!

11. skeeljc

My powder seal looks like the Spolar OEM seal but that is where it stops. I use a slightly different seal but what makes it work so well is the way the seal is mounted. For starters my seal is bonded to the aluminum part. The cavity that the seal is mounted in reshapes the seal so it works more efficiently. My powder reservoir mount comes with two spare seals and instructions for replacing the seal.

20150408_195815 (800x720).jpg

12. JohnnyOats

JohnnyOats Member

Very nice! You will be hearing from me soon!

13. JussBad

JussBad Member

Any plans to do a reservoir for the RCBS Grand?

14. skeeljc

No, I don't have access to a RCBS Grand.

15. globe fish

globe fish Member

Jim I have used it for about a year and a half works great with Titewad was tapping to settle the static off and cracked the poeder canister can I buy just the Powder canister? Thank's Fred Lewis.

16. skeeljc

There is some fitting required because the size of the glass tubes are not well controlled. You can return the aluminum part and I can fit a new glass tube. Cost is $40 plus return shipping.

17. globe fish

globe fish Member

Thank,s Jim I'll do that. Fred.

18. diesel001

diesel001 Member

great product ,happy with mine

19. skeeljc

20. firewagon

firewagon Member

Do you make these for the
    ponness