1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW800+ wad pressure

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Can anyone give me more details for setting up the wad pressure on my PW800+ than I have in the manual? Loading Win AAs with WT12 or WAA12 wads.

Thanks
    Dave

2. citadel

citadel Active Member

No wad pressure is required for the modern wad. Just have the machine push the wad down far enough to allow the full shot load to fit in and a nice clean crimp to be formed. It is easy to do with a little adjustment. Some minor shanges may be necessary to produce a clean neat crimp if you change wads or shells.
    Doug

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If the hull you just put the wad into feels at all tight when you turn the die while the wad ram is still in the hull (press handle is all the way down), you've used more pressure than you need.

Keller

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ditto what they said. You could actually seat the wad with your pinky finger as it only needs to rest on the powder. The modern wads would simply spring back up if you did apply pressure.

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Pull the handle down, loosen the jam nut on the wad ram, turn the wad ram in until you feel it start to compress the wad, tighten the jam nut.

You cannot put any pressure on a plastic wad in a plastic hull that will remain after the wad ram is removed. Putting a slight amount of pressure on the wad with the wad ram assures that it is seated on the powder charge and keeps shot from spilling out when the press indexes.

Jim Skeel<BR>P/W Dealer/Distributor

6. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Or you can fully depress machine and use a pencil to push up on the hull. If it moves a bit the wad is loose. I just turn mine down till it wont push it up easily.

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Or you can fully depress machine and use a pencil to push up on the hull. If it moves a bit the wad is loose. I just turn mine down till it wont push it up easily."</I></blockquote>Assuming (yes, bad word!) that the correct wad for the powder and shot load is being used, all that needs to happen is that the ends of the wad petals get down to about the inner ends of the crimp folds. Once the shot has been dropped, doing the crimp will push the shot and the wad down into the hull as deep as it needs to go.

Keller

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Here's the proper way to seat a wad...

[​IMG]

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Whiz made it simple, it is not rocket science.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.