1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ahab, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Where are the guys with the micrometers? Yes Remington primers are very slightly smaller, thus a smaller primer pocket hole.

Might look a bit weird, but they will shoot just fine...after that they are resized to standard primer size.

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Raise UP your depriming shaft. It's down too far.

I reload old and new style AA, STS, Nitro, and FGMP. I NEVER push out the bottoms and I do NOT re-adjust for any of the above hulls. You should NOT have to change anything for any of the listed shells, or any shell for that matter.

I've seen on a new 800 Plus, the sockethead set screw that holds the depriming shaft in place, was drilled and tapped too far DOWN. This then caused the depriming shaft to be down farther and then when the setscrew was tightened it put a burr on that shaft, making it nearly impossible to pull out or even shove back up to its proper alignment.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

3. whiz white

FYI, Rich:

Since my conflagration with P/W and ressurection, things are improving.

1. The are now making the new primer ram that I sent a speciman of. (Never end a sentence with a preposition - ha).

2. They are making a new style of primer seating post. Not the one I wanted them to make out of harder steel, but a little bit better design at the top of it.

3. There is a *good* rumor that they are coming out with an electric drive much like the Automates that were available a short time.

I got a call Monday from the long-time owner, Dick Medley. He wants to meet with me, so I will be on there on the 9th or 10th of this month. We'll see what happens, hell I may end up owing the business, well my hunting partner and I. Stranger things have happened.

WW

4. dipstick

dipstick TS Member

Whoa, elecric drive and whiz running the place!!!! Too much to comprehend in one posting. Go for it whiz.

5. shrode

shrode TS Member

"hell I may end up owing the business"

Good luck ............. you'll need it.

Rich

6. whiz white

P/W's main business is reloaders. They have a couple of off-shoots, but very, very minor.

They may even still do powder coating for the US Forest Service, but other that the RV step and golf cart hand warmer, reloaders are their number one product.

They are in a small community, just north of Coeur d'Alene, ID.

I think they've turned the corner in customer service. The new guy, Bruce, has been good to deal with and Jean in the machining area has always been a jewel of a gal to talk to-she KNOWS P/W reloaders. She's a keeper. Dick Medley has really shown some positive concerns in listening to us, so I only see better things coming.

I'd like to see a newer facility (but that's costly), bright lights, and lots of room, much like H-S Precision here in Rapid City.

The state of South Dakota has some tremendous incentives and enhancements to bring industry into the state. There is a state REDI-Fund that got H-S Precision, probably Bowen Guns, Dakota Arms, and many others to relocate to this gun friendly state. We have many new gun related business AND many adjunct business related to Harley-Davidson cycles.

The state even had H-S Precision built to get Tom to move here. That was a good investment for SD because they have almost quadrupled in size since their move from Prescott, AZ.

Whiz

7. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

Jim
    Good luck on your meeting with PW. Hope it works out.
    Bill

8. whiz white

Thanks, Bill.

I'll let you know what transpires.

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Whiz...when I get back from holidays in a couple of weeks, I get in touch with you regarding an old problem I have with my P/W 800C.

Ron Burr

Alberta

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Frank- A previous owner has now reassumed ownership of the company.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.