1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW Wad Guide

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Proofdoubles, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proofdoubles

Proofdoubles Member

The wad guide unit for my PW press does not rotate far enough to conveniently set wad. It does a find job seating wad but is just not right for inserting the wad. Any suggestions?

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have a PW375 and my wad guide swings in to align the wad over the hull. I did have a small piece of shot get stuck where the spring compresses to push the wad guide back out and it wouldn't swing all the way in. Just a thought. Mark

3. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Go to Whiz's web site and you can download the info you need.It probably is out of time or the bolt that holds the wad guide in the groove can be rounded and need replacing.PJ

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Your cam bolt has a worn flat spot and/or the groove is dirty in the vertical groove where it rides.

These wear out simply through wear.

WW

5. AEP

AEP Member

If there is nothing worn it may be a timing issue. Check the allen screws that hold the 3/4" rod in place. they are located in the base. Remove the screws on each sode of the rod. These are the set screws or locking screws. There are 2 more under the 2 set screws. These screws can come loose and the rod will turn throwing the timing of the wad guide off center. Realign the wad guide and tighten the 2 allen head screws. Make sure they are tight, then re-install the 2 set/locking screws.

That should solve your problem.

Good luck,
    Andy

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Correct timing is easy to check: Rise the crosshead (handle down on stop block) and visually look at the depriming shaft (Station #2). This shaft must be 100% centered in the die.

If it is not, this it's out-of-time, and follow AEP's comments above.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.