1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW SUCKS BIG TIME.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Ponsness Warren is a co who just does not give a damn. I bought a PW 2000P and the index kept going out. I called and they said to do this and I did and it still didn't fix thje problem. I sent the machine back. They said they fixed it and they wanted $55.00 to return for shipping. I said the machine is brain new and has less then 1000 shells put through it, I shouldn't have to be paying anything. I had to pay $27 to get it back. That didn't set right with me. The machine still didn't work right. I sold the damn thing on Ebay and was glad to get rid of it. Today I was looking at a PW 800B that the timing was out on it. So I called PW and the guy just didn't want to deal with it at all. He was ho hum ahhh it could be this and just didn't didn't want to answer the questions. To those who think It was me sorry but I was being as nice as I could till I had enough and just hung up the phone before I said something I shouldn't. I called back a few min later and got the head person to the co. His attitued wasn't any better. I did explain thing to him about the 2000P and then the guy I just spoke to. His answer was well this and well that. I didn't feel I was getting any where and said if I don't get some proper answers I just might go and buy a Spolar. He replied I don't care what you do. Well that was enough and I lost it. PW sucks and they just don't give a damn about you as a customer. Just wanted to let you all know of the unpleasant dealings I had with them. They are not a good company to do business with.

2. Ken@clairton

Ken@clairton TS Member

Hope you told this story to the guy you sold it to on ebay.

3. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Dillon, Great service, great press.

JMO Tom R.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If it is ok with you guys, I'll be late to this party. Go ahead and get started without me.

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Makes me feel just a bit better about passing on that 2000P and still looking for the Dillon. I know a lot of guys really like their P/W's, but if you look through the threads there are a number of complaints in one form or another.

6. esetter

esetter Active Member

Mec has some of the best service people I have ever dealt with.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

You might need to look at your dealer for help. Whiz White and a few others are active on this forum and seem to have a lot to offer. As for PW, my experience has been that MEC seems to have the edge when it comes to tech support. Their loaders may not be as polished, but they work and they stand behind them. I have had parts shipped to me for NO COST, to fix a few issues now and again. My experience with a company has a lot to do with my future purchasing trends.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Reading this thread makes me feel terrific about my Hornady Apexes and they're out-of-production and parts are hard to come by!

It amazes me how some folks can be in a people business and not like to deal with people...

sorry...

Jay

9. Msuhunter

Msuhunter Member

I have had similar problems with PW over the years. They make a good loader the problem is they know it. They come across in dealings as " if you don't like how we deal with you too bad". The biggest problem I have experienced with PW loaders is they get out of time too easy, and for the most part when they break down their is no easy fix. When working properly they are a dream when they are not they are a nightmare.

10. STOS

STOS Member

There are two sides to every story.When someone calls up and tells you they are thinking about buying a 40 year old press and want you tell them whats wrong with it and how to fix it i don't think is a reasonable question?We will always try to do our best at taking care of our customers.Bruce @ PW

11. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I'll just keep on cranking out a few thousand more on my old Mec 9000H and smile.

12. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

If it came back from the company as being repaired but wasn`t , what is there to think ?? I love my 25+year old 366 . Others in the club that needed help over the phone were pleasantly surprised how Hornady Tec support can be . I know of 2 people with P/W.s andd I wouldn`t give you 2 cents for them and this story tops them all. Just hope it all true as told .

13. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

Just get a Grand. Can't beat the service.

Joe

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

My experience with PW is much different. I sent my case feeder in and they found the problem. No charge. I ordered some spare die access plates and they sent then to me at no charge.

I have also had very good dealings with Whiz and he has very helpful information - see the links on TS.com home page.

The PW 800+ is nearly as good as my Spolar. They both make a MEC look Mickey Mouse. And PLEASE - an Apex???

Neither I or Dillon could get my SL900 to crimp satisfactorily, I suppose every company has a lemon once in a while.

Don Verna

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I own an operate 4 PWs and have never had a problem with any of them that I couldn't fix myself with the proper parts. I guess you have to be smarter than the reloading machine to be able to operate one.

Bob Lawless

16. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

When I have a problem PW has always been there for me.Whiz,Doug and the factory rep and Jim Cunningham will talk to you on the phone about your problem's.

Some people are not as mechanically inclined as others and I will admit the PW has a learning curve.But I like the challenge.Once you figure out how to DRIVE the loader they work great!PJ

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If you would have contacted Whiz, he would have been your savier. I have a PW and it has never been out of time but I can assure you a dummy can fix it if it fails. I feel very confident that if it breaks, I can fix it and if I need help, I will call Jim White "whiz". I really liked Kens answer. " I hope you told the guy you sold it to" Bottom line is I think you have a short fuse and that gets nowhere with anybody. If you would have asked on here you would have been steered to Whiz

18. perga1

perga1 Active Member

My PW Sterling ST (800C purchased in 1986) is still cranking them out. I put a counter on it about 10 years after I bought it and the counter is at 28,562 and is on it's third reset (resets at 99,999). All of the problems I have had with my PW were all operator induced and they were all minor in nature. I can't praise or complain about PW customer service because I have never needed them. JRM

19. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Tanya spent 30 minutes on the phone with me talking me through a parts replacement and adjustment procedure. That's the kind of service that will keep me coming back to them.

MK

20. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Cuban, I think you hit the nail right on the head. Calling with the attitude of "this is what PW is d**n well going to do for me" coupled with a short fuse would probably get a "blow off" from most companies. .....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.