1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW Shell Feeder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

I am thinking of purchasing the automatic sheel feeder to go along with my 2000 and was wondering who had one already?? Do they function properly?? Do they malfunction?? Is it worth the investment??

Bill

2. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I love mine. Like anything mechanical, you have to adjust, clean and maintain it. But the overall joy of reloading for me is greatly enhanced using it.

I had the carrier that the hull rides on get dirty, and that required I remove the top hull holder, remove the large tube and remove the carrier at station 1. I got lazy and decided just to reload up some without the feeder. Worked great, but my usual discipline of checking the primer feed (messes up 1 time in 800 reloads I have found) got all fouled up, and I just suddenly was not having as much fun.

I think these are on sale right now, and well worth the money I think. It is probably the sole reason I don't get a Spolar right now. Like everyone else in trapshooting, there is something out there better I must have.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Have one here not taken out of the box that I'd sell prior to the price increase.

Where are you located? I can also have one shipped from Calif, if you are on the West Coast to save some on shipping.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

I like mine but will remove it when I get around to installing the hydraulic unit.

It will jam occasionally at the feed funnel but it is easy to clear.

I loaded up 2500 rounds last weekend and broke the access plate. Had to fiddle with that for an hour or so, but got it working until Whiz sends me the new part (plus a spare).

With the case feeder, I can get over 600 rounds an hour and I check charge weight every 100-200 rounds.

Well worth the money if you do not intend to get the hydraulic unit. I do not think it will provide much improvement with the hydraulic unit.

Don

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

wiz, i am in s.c. 29841.

Bill

6. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I would rethink removing the shell feeder once you install hydraulic. I have hydraulic on my loader, and the shell feeder really frees up the process allowing me to keep an eye on all the things that can south when loading. The shell feeder can occasionally bottle up on the top of the tube, but that is rare, and generally with hulls that should have been tossed anyway. The primer feed will hang up on rare occasion, but even once every 500 loads is annoying, and if you watch it, easy to correct before you have powder leaking out on the next station.

I find it much easier to load with a few wads in my hand watching the stations, than concentrating on hull then wad, hull then wad.

I don't load for speed, although I get in a rhythm and no doubt crank faster than need be. It is just a great extension to my shooting loading just what I want with reloads that look great.

7. JCS

JCS TS Member

I have the 2000 with hydro and the shell feeder .
    I would not be reloading without it.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

PRICE INCREASES:

Typically, P/W sends out new pricing about the last week of January each year.

The sale is over and some of the items have increase about $10-$20.

I called this morning to inquire about pricing, but did not get to talk to Brain to confirm anything.

I suspect the feeders will got up to about $300.

Whiz<BR>
    P/W Distirbutor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.