1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW reloader shell drop in bench

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BDodd, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Joebl, cut, glue, and screw together 3 or 4" PVC pipe and fittings so that the shell drops just a few inches then slides down a sloping run of pipe to a cardboard box. This works quite well for me.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/rdodd/?action=view&current=Loader1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

The only part that needs threaded ends is where it goes through the desk or bench top so the assembly can be taken apart in a move......breakemall....Bob Dodd

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

That pipe looks good. All I did on my PW2000 was the hole and glued a small wood strip around it about 3/4 x 1". Nothing pretty but it works. Shoot well and often, Bob

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have the PW and used to have the above type with a 366 worked well. But with PW shells bounce off that ramp like you state and will sometimes miss. Easy solution take a oil funnel and cut larger hole in bench. No miss's after that.

4. rrose

rrose TS Member

I have another solution. I took 2 small pieces of 4x4 and 2 same length pieces of 2x6. I screwed the 2x6 to the 4x4 them put each under the press one on each side. I then bolted the 2x6 to the bench. Now the press is about 5 3/4 inches higher and I put a plastic tote tub behind the press to catch the shells as they come out of the press. It will hold about 300 before I have to empty it and I like the press being higher. I can keep small tools, allen wrenches, etc under the press. Good luck with your solution.randy

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Here is my Platinum 2000

6. cubancigar2000

another photo. I bought the kit from Whiz a long time ago. The bucket comes off and or swivels under the table. The setup they have wont work on a PW

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I use a 3x4 PVC reducer and cut out a opening in the 4" section. Face the opening to wards the reloader and shell slide down the chute into a box under neath.

8. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

I removed the metal 'springboard' ramp and replaced it with a longer one made of a piece of 1.5 inch PVC that I cut in half. I cut a hole in my loading bench and built a large drawer on full extension slides that is underneath the hole in the bench top. The drawer can hold over 800 rounds. I also mounted my P&W on a small cookie sheet tray to collect powder & shot when I screw up. It works great.

9. cubancigar2000

rem31 how about a photo

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Here's what I use and all shells go through to the shelf below:

[​IMG]

another...
    [​IMG]

Here's where I drilled the 2" hole:

[​IMG]

11. joebl

joebl TS Member

Thanks Whiz,
    I will be setting up my reloader from the pictures you posted. That is just what I was looking for.
    Thanks again

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.