1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW realoader question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dward, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dward

dward Member

I bought a 12 ga 2000 with the older pistons a few years back, and I believe they will work on any of the loaders. I prefer the old style hydraulics but they are a lot more finnicky. First test the rams to see that they don't leak, which should be able to be done without being hooked up to the machine. If they do you'll need to replace the seals which can be a pain. I also put some washers under the pad where the stub handle is stopped, because you don't want the linkage to get past center. The unit can't cycle back up if this happens. I also put a pressure gauge on the unit to make sure it wasn't over stressing anything.

Actually if you want to contact me feel free. warddan@hotmail.com

In short, if you like to tinker with mechanical stuff and have a decent "mechanical dexterity quotient" I'd say go ahead on the two ram system. If you want it to be bullet proof and easy to use with out much tinkering, I'd get one of the newer single rams.

Big Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.