1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Reinz, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinz

Reinz Member

Just a question, no put down intended.

A freind of mine is looking at a PW Duo Matic single stage 12 ga press. I have heard nothing but great things about them. However, I have never seen one; but from pictures, I see no sort of auto primer feed.

Do you manually feed the primers by hand ?

Thanks

Stormy

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I am a PW fan. I have 2 PW375s and was sold on them until I got my PW900 progressive. Now, they aren't getting used much. The single stage is better than my MEC 600 Jrs, but is more expensive. It does not have a primer feed, you load each by hand. The 375 takes 7 pulls to make a shell, the 900 takes one. Mark

3. Dave S

Dave S Active Member

That would be one pull one push per shell

4. Reinz

Reinz Member

Thank you Mark.

I am a fan of PW progressives as well, I have an 800 as well as a Spolar.

I have played the Mec route as well, which are good machines.

Good Load'n

5. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

You do have to single feed each and every primer that you load. I set out a card of fresh primers onto a piece of paper that I tape down on the bench to the left of the base of the machine. You can easily keep count of how many shells you have loaded by counting how many rows/columns you have used. Or, if you are like me - I stack them directly into a shell box and I always know how many I have loaded.

The PW375 does take some stroking, but makes quality loads.

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.