1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

PW Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

I'm going to look at a couple of PW loaders later this week. So far all I know is one is hydraulic and the other is manual. Both are the same model.From what I gather they were purchased new in about 1993. What model would they be?

Thanks in adveance ,
    Wayne
  2. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

The model number will be on the serial number plate on the base of the loader.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor
  3. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

The model number will be on the serial number plate on the base of the loader.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor
  4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

This might give you some idea: Unofficial History of P-W Loaders

The history is a bit sketchy but it will give you some insight to when what was built. All 4 of my 900s were built between 1994 and 1999 according to Bruce at P-W. Very good machine.

MK
  5. leftex

leftex Active Member

Jim, Thanks for a good answer. Unfortunately I won't have that information until I go look. I was trying to do a little research in advance.

MK, I've read the "Unofficial history of P-W loaders". Kinda fuzzy.

Maybe a better question would have been to ask what models were being produced in 1993.
  6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

Well, you already know that the 900 was being produced; so was the 950 and I believe the 800C was also.

MK
  7. leftex

leftex Active Member

The guy says they are 800??. So should it be safe to think they are 800C's?
  8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

Not necessarily... read the history again and you'll find that PW came out with something called the 800 CVT (convertible) along with the 800C. It could be easily converted to handle all gauges. It apparently had some design deficiencies in some evolutions including plastic parts that are now steel...at least according to the history.

Also keep in mind that P-W has stopped supporting the 800 B-C models. They are good machines, but with the exception of parts that they have in common with the 900s on up, no new parts specific to the 800s are available from the factory except what may still be on hand.

MK
  9. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

If they have the black crinkle paint you had better buy both of them - one to use and one for parts.

Jim Skeel
  10. TjayE

TjayE Member

leftex, check your PM (private message). Tom
  11. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Active Member

I have 2 800 b machines both over 20 years old I only wish everything I purchased was as dependable and serviceable as these loaders are. My supplier said not to worry about parts they can be had even if the company does not support this any longer. I love when this happens the price of used ones drop and bargains are available. I also have a 900 that is a wonderful loader if it would only click like a 800B I would like it even more. Buddy
  12. leftex

leftex Active Member

Well, I had to work late last night and miss sk#%t league. It may be next Tuesday before I get all the info. Thanks to all so far for your input.

Wayne
  13. leftex

leftex Active Member

Well, I had to work late last night and miss sk#%t league. It may be next Tuesday before I get all the info. Thanks to all so far for your input.

Wayne
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.