1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW Problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lefthdr, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lefthdr

lefthdr Member

I have an old 800B that has worked well for some time now but, now everthing goes wrong. I re-timed it and that worked for about ten shells then it went crazy again. Is there someone in New Jersey famaliar with these machines. Thanks Doug

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I'm in Wisconsin/Minnesota adn cannot help you. doe sthat help?

Good luck. My 800+ is the greatest till it hiccups.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Doug- Actually there is a very good PW mechanic/distributor either in or near NJ and he shares the same first name with you. Try Doug Whiton at 603-588-4010.

Pat Ireland

4. lefthdr

lefthdr Member

Thanks Pat

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

Doug,

I'm in New Hampshire. Will need the help of UPS or FedEx unless you find yourself in the neighborhood. When I was truckin' I always budgeted at least 5-6 hours to get to the GW bridge.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Doug- New Jersey...New Hampshire---- sound about the same to me.

Pat Ireland

7. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Doug,

I had a similar problem with my 800 where it kept going out of time after a few rounds. Before going through the trouble of having someone else look at it you might try this: When you re-time the machine, instead of tightening the set screw in the same place, turn the die removal plate to a different location and tighten the set screws. I also found that getting these set screws as tight as possible was a big help.

Hope this helps,

John

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

PW used to put one set screw on top of another to make sure they stayed tight. If your critical adjustments are locked by only one set screw you may want to try putting another on one top of it. Doesn't have to be killer tight but it really helps.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.