1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW primer rammer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wm rike, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wm rike

wm rike Member

On another thread someone alluded to problems with the primer ram on the PWs. I have used the soft factory issue jobs and the aftermarket hardened rams. Both could get a primer cockeyed. When the little finger thing broke off one this past winter(a hardened version), I thought what the heck, ground the burrs off the broken edge, and have used it virtually trouble free ever since. Anyone else done that?

2. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

no lo comprehend e.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have one machine that has a half a hook and it does work OK as long as you pay attention to the primers when you start a session. The hook is needed to drag the second primer back out of the way of the turret. Without the hook you'll have a primer in the way when the turret comes down the second time to insert the first primer.

Keller

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I did the same thing, Bill. While at it, I ground a diagonal groove in the top so I could see the primer once it dropped into the slot..or not. The real secret to these things is to take the screw off the track, where it attaches to the ram mechanism, and twist/bend the track so it aligns to the mating slot without putting torque on the primer ram.

best...mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.