1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW owners this is a must have!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am sure most of you have seen Jim Skeel's ad about his aluminum base that replaces the piece of crap "bakelite" base that came with your loader. If not his signon name is skeeljc and the post is "PW Ezfill aluminum base". I sent a check to Jim, he got it Monday, I have my base today Wed. It is a real quality piece more like a work of art. It fits perfectly, all threads work, even has some instructions for us dummies and two new gaskets for later use if needed. My PW P2000 never worked so smooth and powder leakage free. It was the best $98.75 I ever spent on reloading accessories. Jim is a first class guy making a fist class product that works ( and it looks pretty too) I never could get my bushings out without removing the shot, powder and base because it was not made right to begin with. This one will allow me to remove the bushings without wiggling and getting frustrated. Kudos to Jim. Do yourselfs a favor guys, buy it. The only thing I ever bought for reloading that I like as well is Gary Bulleys UNLOADER

2. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

I bought one about a month ago and I wouldn't take 200 for it. beautiful craftmanship.
    Bob Roberts Tucson

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I also offer the retrofit as shown below for $45 to your existing base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Look like fine products, but, if I don't have powder leakage and do have consistent drops, do I need one?

Pat Ireland

5. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Pat, My "flimsy black plastic base" works just fine. So unless you have low libido and need an ego boost, or a compelling desire to collect shiny objects, you don't need one any more than I do.

6. cubancigar2000

One of the advantages that was not mentioned above is that on the plastic base, some powders crystalize and stick to the inside of the tube. It wont happen on a metal base. Also it operates more smoothly because there is no flex. Do you need it -you will be happy you bought one

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

cubancigar2000 , Which powders "crystalize" ?

8. cubancigar2000

Longshot, E3 both do for me. Longshot is the worst. It may have had a little to do with humidity or weather change. I moved my loader to the garage and thats when it started. It actually caked so hard on the base tube that I had to use a drill and wire brush. Powder flow was irregular. Whiz's base is a buy for that kind of money but I asked for one a long time ago and never heard back so I bought this one. Whiz said at the time he only got them once in a while and I decided to buy this one. I am happy with the buy

9. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

Powder sticking to the plastic base is not a myth. Cubancigar is right, Longshot is really bad, have to scrape it out of the drop channel with a bronze bore brush. I got three of Jim's bases for all three of my PW's. They are nice. I had to follow Jim's advice sheet he sends along about not turning the screws down too tight but by following his instructions they work great.

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

It looks like a fine product but it would take a lot of leaking to add up to the price of one, for me anyhow.

11. cubancigar2000

The leakinf part is the smallest benefit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.