Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PW lube

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  grunt 
#1 ·
How often or after how many shells do you lube your PW and what do you use?

?

See less See more
#2 ·
Email Whiz White and ask him kindly for his lube and other info on P/W loaders. If you share with him what model, that might make a difference, might not.

His PDF files on the loader are light years ahead of anything P/W has on them. I am sure he had a lubrication sheet in Acrobat that was great.

He is a advertiser on here, so you can find him on the home page. And a heck of a nice guy to deal with. I would suggest you only buy parts/pieces for you loader from him, as his advice is worth far more than any parts you will ever need.

#4 ·
P/W's STOS lube (a very sticky light grease) works well. Use it on the guide rods and the center post if your loader has one. Wipe off the old lube to remove and imbedded grime then re-lube with the STOS. Frequency depends on how many shells you load. I do it every 1000 shells or so.

Jim Skeel

#5 ·
I lucked onto some grease that is called aLube(tm). My uncle's mechanic for his airplanes used it years ago. I then started using in on my drag racer. It is a Lithium base, but not the stringy, sticky type that GM uses.

I like it better than STOS, but I do sell both for the same price. You get a bit more of the aLube for the same price.

It is listed at the website page link above.

As far as lubing the dies, I often set up about 10 hulls and spray them with WD40, then without wiping them off, I just start reloading them. I do use a die brush as well.

Whiz<BR>
P/W Distributor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.