1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW loaders

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by robervl, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robervl

robervl TS Member

When PW discontinues their loaders are you still able to get parts for them? Or do you have to manufacture them your self. I have thought about buying a used one but not sure if its a good idea. What are your thoughts?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I think you'd be pretty safe parts wise. Although i don't use one i know they are very well built and stand behind their machines. Most models have been around long enough there are plenty of parts available for your lifetime. There are certain machines of theirs that are more thought of than others. I'm just not sure which ones. "Whiz White" on here is a P/W genious so i've been told. His email:

whiz@swsupply.com

Matt

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I have a PW800B that I bought used in 1975. I load about 25k per year and the only thing I've replaced is the wad guide several times.

Buz

4. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

I have a older 800C Silver ST and parts are still available as well as some good upgrades...I've loaded about 23,000 shell since I purchased it last year with no problems...

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

A good rule of thumb is if it is an older model with the balck crinkle paint then parts may not be available. This includes models like the 600, 800B, 800C, and 800CVT (convertable).

Parts for the 900, 950, and Platinum 2000 are still available. These models have many parts that are common with the 800 Plus.

Jim Skeel P/W Dealer/Distributor

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have most everything for the older 800's. Remebering that these can be 40 years old, one would/should expect that some parts could get scarce.

I've been making and hoarding parts for quite some time.

Hardest part to obtain was the Primer Seating assembly, but now P/W has come out making these again. Actually they have added a small hardened steel plate to the 800 Plus Primer Seating assembly making it work on the 800B/C/CVT.

I haved also been experimenting with modifications including needle bearings on the main cross-shaft and other areas. Am trying to get the prices for machining down so that I can offer the modification at an attractive price to owners.

About the only thing that could eventually become a problem are the left and right aluminum end caps. I even went as far as to bore out the base to accept the newer style 1 1/4" main cross-shaft which does not require the end caps. This was expensive because one has to also buy the shaft, links, and link mounts, and this boring-out process can only be done on the solid aluminum base plates, not the one with underside casting pockets.

In fact just last week I had one base bored out to take a neat set of encapsulared needle bearing races. It's sitting on the shop floor until I can make a new standard 7/8" main cross-shaft. P/W no longer handles these. I really need to invest in a new mill, but I *just* put in a brand new precision lathe. So, I may have to wait a while to finish this project. Wife keeps saying "NMT", no more tools - no place to put them.<BR>

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.