1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW loader experience

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

Well this is interesting. I was going to do exactly what you are thinking of doing. I bought an 800+ in 12 ga and started looking for sub-gauge tools to allow me to make change overs when I wanted to reload the smaller gauges. In the end I found that I could not easily find the sub gauge tools separate from a loader. I ended up buying a total of four 800+ loaders two of which came with subdue tools. The cost of the loaders with the subgaige tools included was aout $100 more than just buying the sub gauge tools fro PW. I simply could not find the tools used at any reasonable price but I was able to find the loaders with the tools I wanted. I could not find a used set of 410 tools at all.

Now I have one loader dedicated to the load that I shoot the most. I have it dialed in exactly the way I want it and can load about 500 per hour using a feeder and an electric drive. Two others are set up with 20 and 28 ga. I have one more set up for 12 ga that I use for short runs of test loads when I want to try something different. I have a set of 410 tools that I use only very infrequently and when I want 410 I change over the second 12 ga unit as I do not want to disturb the settings for the other gauges as they produce loads that look and act like factory loads.

The whole set up works great and if I want to end my loading someday I will get my money out because I looked around, posted "want to buy" notices on TS and took my tIme to build up the system at the right price.

Good luck,
    Doug

2. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Toolsets are only $250, so are you saying you bought 800+ machines at somewhere around $300 each? That's amazing.

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I agree with citadel, I can change machines in a minute or so. There is no way to make changes that easily when changing die sets. There are always minor adjustments which slow me down. Ron

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

I bought them for an average of $450 each plus shipping. It has been worth the few dollars difference not to have to mess with resetting the machines even though the 800+ is very to reset. Ron in correct there are always minor adjustments that can eat into a day when you could be shooting and not deal ing with a bunch of allen wrenches. By the way tool sets from PW are about $350 each from PW I seem to recall. It is a lot better to buy them from some one else who has eaten the initial depreciation.
    Doug

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The 800 Plus is the way to go. I do not have to make any adjustments when i change gauges. Once the tool set is set up it just goes back on and is ready to go without any adjustments.

The 800 Plus in 12, 16 or 20 gauge is $850. The 28 and .410 machines are $880.

The 12, 16, 20 gauge tool sets are $250. The 28 and .410 are $280.

Pm or email me for a good deal.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

skeeljc_2008_030320.jpg

skeeljc_2008_030334.jpg

6. citadel

citadel Active Member

Jim knows about that which he speaks.
    Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.