1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pw loader 800+

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stu mackay, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

I have a pw 800+ loader which is dropping short amounts on all shot drops and requires a excessive stong pull of handle to drop loaded shell. Any help appreciated. Ready to pull hair out thanks

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Something appears to be preventing the machine from fully cycling. The excessive pressure to eject a loaded shell could be a symptom of a problem at one of the other six stations. I would look for something that is preventing the shot/powder bushings from fully cycling, assuming the gears are properly aligned. Now, there is not enough information for even our expert, Whiz, to diagnose the problem or problems.

Pat Ireland

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Did you buy it new? Has anybody had it apart? Did the problem always exist or had the loader worked properly before?

Does the loader operate the same way without any hulls in it?

Call P-W in Idaho on Monday and talk to Tonya or Bruce: 800-732-0706

MK

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Clean out the shot and powder reservoir area. I'd even recommend removing the two shut-off plates and thoroughly cleaning in this area as well.

Only three things make the handle hard to pull:<BR>
    <UL><Li>1.  Rack Gear area where residue is present in and around the black plastic shot and powder gears<Li>2.  the Shell Seating Post is set too high<LI>3.  Primer Seating Shaft is set too high</UL>

If you haven't already, click my above link and download my "Maintenance & Lubrication" pamphlet.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.