1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW Hydro unit by Kapro Mfg.?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

Does anybody use one of these? Are they still in business?
    Thanks,
    Wayne

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Actually, I have both the Spolar unit and the P/W unit.

I like the P/W units better and they are still available for around $975.

WW

3. leftex

leftex Active Member

THE UNLOADER, I don't mean to be rude, but I didn't ask which unit you think is the best. I asked if anybody has the Kapro unit and if they were still in business. I'm sure Spolar makes a great product.

Whiz, Thanks for your input. I'm thinking I've seen pictures of other PW hydro units and they look different than the Kapro I have.

Thanks,
    Wayne

4. whiz white

Wayne: I'm always interested in what's out there. If you run across one of those Kapro units, I'd be interested in seeing what it's like.

My hunting partner here (we own land for pheasant hunting in weastern SD) owns a big mechanical & HVAC business here. He and I tried to duplicate the P/W hydro unit, and did, but we had about as much into it as what one would cost me wholesale. AND, the cylinder looked like it belonged on a combine, rather around a loading bench. We scrapped that idea darn quickly.

Again, if/when you see one, I'd really like to see a photo of one.

Thanks in advance.

Whiz

5. leftex

leftex Active Member

A few pics of the Kapro unit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. whiz white

One of our (ts.com) long time shooters, Jamesf, of Columbus OH has a P/W mounted on a metal stand. Actually, he has quite a few proto-type reloaders at his place. Under it is a reciprocating motor that runs a vertical shaft up and down.

I had the reloader here for some work and saw the gear on the main horizontal main shaft. It's the damnedest thing and works like a charm. Jim said it was designed by a machinist friend of his and had to be mounted to the metal table for obvious reasons.

Another item on the machine was a simple drilled hole in the base of the reloader where the spent primer box is situated. He had a tube (maybe 1"?? in diameter) with a funnel on the end of it. It "funneled" the spent primers down and under his machine to a container on the floor.

There are quite a few unique items out there in reloading land. If I live long enough, I may get to see more. One includes a pneumatic automatic wad feeder for the P/W. It is in a storeroom at the P/W factory. I saw it, but trying to locate a spaghetti noodle in a mess of them might have been an easier task.

I still think that if wads were connected at their top pedals with a short string of wad material, which would make them into a coil, someone could easily develop an auto wad feeder. I realize all this is unnecessary, but I lay in bed at night dreaming up things... hence the bags under my eyes.

Whiz

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I think I saw one once in a home at the Silver Dollar in FL!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.