1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW help??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by poacherjoe, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Please save me some time changing powder bushings.Does anyone out there use the new AA-Lite powder from winchester and if so what bushing throws the closest to 14.8 grains of powder?? Also have you had any problems with setting the wad pressure for 7/8 oz loads? I have 3 PW 800B loaders that I am using. Thanks PJ

2. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

I use the Gray claybuster 7/8 oz wads on my 800B with no problems
    but using 700x powder

3. poacherjoe

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Well, you no doubt have a bushing chart, but I will put one up here anyway.

Regarding wad pressure, I do not use any pressure. I seat the wad such that the top of the shot cup's pedals are at the top circular crease of the hull.

I let the pre-crimper push the wad down if it is not far enough down.

I do not, reload 7/8 ounce however.

[​IMG]

I'm not much help and when you called, I was out of VD dinner.

Whiz

5. poacherjoe

Whiz;I do have the info that you posted but it doesn't show winchester AA lite at 14.8 grains which is what the manufacturer reccomends for a 7/8 oz load.I was trying to cut a corner and not have to go thru the process of elimination in regards to wieghing the powder! It looks like I may have to make a bushing for this purpose anyway.I reloaded 3 cases on my buddies spolar and they work great from the 16 and first shot in doubles.With the price of componants being so high I am going to save anyway that I can.And we did have to make a bushing for the powder.He lives to far away to borrow it.Thanks for the reply. PJ

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Joe: Look at Hornaday's site and see what they list for a bushing, then email/call me and I'll make one up and send to you.

Whiz

7. poacherjoe

The bushing charts give no reference to AA-LITE,Which is not the same as WSL ! So anyway's if someone out there is interested the PW bushing that is closest to 14.8 grains is the E-2.After throwing 5 charges of AA-LITE it averaged 14.64 grains.Whiz: I thought that somebody on this sight would have already experimented with this relativly new powder and I could start measuring the powder from the info that they provided. Thanks for the replies. PJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.