1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW die size exhange

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hot springs, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hot springs

hot springs TS Member

Does anyone have any experiemnce with changing dies from 12 ga.to another gauge on a P-W 900 Elite? I know how cranky they can be to get in tune. Should I just buy a new lader if I want to load 28ga. shells as well. I enjoy shootig the little guns but hate to pay for the shells. Is it a big deal to change out?

Thanks for your input.

2. Jim Cunningham

Jim Cunningham TS Member

The tooling change on the 900 is simple and fairly quick. All the adjustments are on the tooling so once they are adjusted, unless you play with them, they stay adjusted when removed and reinstalled. They are set by the factory the same as the tooling in a new machine so they come to you pritty close to right, again depending on what you have done to your machine. It takes about 20 minutes to make the conversion after you are familiar with the procedure, I know that you will hear that "I can do it in 5 with my xyz" but when challanged I have always found that such statements didn't include the time it took to do this or that. While the sale is on, the cost of a set of 900 tooling is $125.00 and a lot less than the $650 for a new machine, especially for a gauge you don't use a lot and the box of tooling takes up a lot less room then a reloader.

Jim Cunningham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.