1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW Case Feeder setup

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Didreckson, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Shell feeder is a great accessory. Whiz White who is on this site all the time has a terrific template for drilling your bench, or better yet, making a steel plate to mount the loader and feeder.

I have found the support rod is a tad short, and have heard some of the guys are putting pennies and nickels between the rod and unit to raise it up. It seems to "drag down" the plastic tube the shells sit in, just a bit the way it comes out of the box.

I have some aluminum 3"x7" plates in various thickness from 10 ga. to about 3/8" that I will drill and fit this weekend between the steel plate and mounting base plate of the shell unit, raising it up hopefully an appropriate amount to get a good fit with the shell tube and not have it put what seems like excessive pressure and what appears to be a low fit.

2. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Step 1, read the directions that came with the shell feeder.

Step 2, follow the steps listed in step 1.

Step 3, after completing step 1&2 if you’re still having problems, sell your loader including the shell feeder. If you can’t follow simple instructions, you shouldn’t be loading sells in the first place.

3. guybo_4

guybo_4 Member

Bob, cdconley is an idiot. You asked a simple question and one of the few idiots on TS.com had to show his ignorance. Hope someone with true insight gives you the information you asked for!

4. kenf

kenf Active Member

Bob,

The setup is pretty straightforward. Read and walk through the directions first, don't cowboy it.

My biggest stumbling block was figuring out the feeding block that replaces the shell seating post. It wasn't a big deal, but I didn't think the directions were real clear on taking the chain out, turning the seating system and then installing it. I can take pictures of mine close up if you like. One bit of advice, PW torques down the bolts and hex screws on these presses, so you might want to have a set of hex sockets (3/8 drive) to help get the bigger ones loose.

Ken

5. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

High end wrenches is a great piece of advice. After my first weekend of setting things up on the press and feeder, installing many of Whiz's special enhancements, I went out and bought a set of sockets and long handle wrenches, along with a nice set of T Handles. I accused P/W of using a Mack Truck lug nut air wrench to put things together. They are really tight. I use blue loctite when putting things back together in some areas just to make sure, and it will come apart again with good wrenches.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I've been half-tempted to re-write the original set of installation instructions, but have not. I did do the "drawing" of the feeder. I saw drawing, because the original was hand drawn. I spent way too much time doing it in a drawing program.

The above photo is only one of about 8 taken by "bobkx-5" and are will done, as well as showing several pics of the install.

Reading the instructions and installing this item are not hand-in-hand... a bit confusing I feel.

I do have a schematic for hole locations that are for a steel mounting plate for the reloader, the hydraulic, and the feeder available via email just for the asking. Whether you install any or all, the locations are helpful.

Diedreckson was fortunate enough to have someone actually CNC an aluminum plate for him. I'd like to get my hands on the aluminum version, as my plates are about 65 pounds... to heavy to make them worthwhile.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

case feeder setup