1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pw bushing hole size?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Dave: No problem. Hornady and P/W bushings are interchangeable. Ed

2. manyspuds

manyspuds Member

invest in a good digital caliper.

3. A23B

A23B TS Member

Just use a Hornaday bushing chart.

The bushing will drop the same powder in a PW or Hornaday.

But always double check with a scale!!

-= ed nast =-

4. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

Hornady probably has a chart that tells what bushing drops what weight of what powder and you need to compare it to PW’s.

Different powders have different densities and do not drop the same weight between powders and bushings. Some are heavier and some are lighter. Some drop more & some drop less.

The same powder in one jug may be denser than the next jug you buy too. As in you are using Red Dot, run out and buy a new jug. You need to weigh your powder to check the weight difference every time you reload.

Charts are close references to data given.

If you check between Hornady & PW data charts they will get you in the ball park.

Sounds like you need a scale to me.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Dave: I would think if Whiz reads this he can assist you much better than I. You can however get "in the ballpark" and "Google" Ponsness bushings and view their charts. Then Google Hornady bushings and view their charts. Then use your scale to be your guide of the proper charge. i.e. a P/W 2a bushing (according to the P/W chart), throws 12.3 grains of Hercules 2400 powder. A Hornady 266 bushing, (according to their chart) throws 12 grains of Hercules 2400 powder. This would lead me to believe that these bushings are very similar. This surely is not the most efficient method; but it can assist you. Whiz or someone else might know of a comparison chart that would be much quicker and more accurate. Ed

6. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Yes Please weigh your powder.. My PW chart was not even close for some reason. My Mec's were really close. But no matter Please Weigh your powder as others have said on this thread.

Wesley

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Will this help?

[​IMG]

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

2a measures .250

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

1a measures .249 and 3a is .251 Some of my measurement differ from Whizes. I measured mine with dial calipers, maybe the bushing tols have changed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.