1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pw auto shell feeder problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

the lower allen screw after about 40 handle pulls is so loose i have to tighten it back up. question is why it backs out that far?? also if i tighten the same screw to where its tight when i pull the handle the block will slide foward fine,but when i raise the handle the block will bind up and not return back until i manually pull it back. if i back off the allen screw to where its just almost secure everything is fine, what gives?? any ideas to prevent the screw from backing out?? is it supposed to be tightened 100%??

Bill
    [​IMG]

2. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Is this a new machine? Sounds like the allen screw is too short. You shoulc be able to tighten it enough so it stays and allow free movement ot the feeder.

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

its used but almost new, thats what i was told when i bought it anyway.. maybe the threads in the block are worn??

bill

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

looked a little closer and saw the #8 washer was a bit worn,replaced it with another and backed it with a second #8 ,and everything is fine.

bill

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

That forward roller looks worn too.

Use Blue Loctite to keep it from backing out of the aluminum.

Whiz

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

thanks wiz, i will use some on it.probably dosent take much use for the chain to wear the front roller.

bill

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Where the roller looks worn needs some grease. Grease the chain too. The slot in the arm rides on a roller also, grease that too. The area where the hull ram slides needs to be keep clean, it get nasty and the ram gets stuck. All of these things put pressure on the bolt mentioned. Keep it clean and lubed and that will help keep the bolt from backing out. The areas to grease are detailed in the instructions.

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

the only installation instructions i have are well written by a third part with good digital pictures,i dont have a parts list or anything else like lubrication instructions. if you have some to send via e-mail please do. e-mail is between the dashes

bill

9. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

bill, I checked and can't find any lubrication instructions. So I either never read it or can't remember where. Gotta stop relying on memory , it ain't working. I'll have to change that to JerryP's lubrication advice. I have a page as you described plus a hand drawn assembly drawing and a parts list.

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

NIPPER: I re-wrote P/W instructions and did the digital drawning. The original factory stuff was hand drawn - bad.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.