1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW auto drive question ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jfan517, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfan517

jfan517 Member

I'm curious what the torque rating of the eletric motor is on the PW auto drive unit ?? Is it less than 260 inch pounds which translates to 22 foot pounds of torque ??

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

So what is magic about 22 ft-lbs??

It has enough torque to break something. That is why P/W put a slip clutch on the output shaft. I am sure there is a torque rating on the motor based on continuous output which translates to power.

What is your real question?

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I use the PW electric drive on a Spolar, and it has tons of power. Once adjusted, I have not had to mess with it again. I have Spolar hydraulic on a Spolar also, and while it might (key word) be more powerful, I guess it is a question of when is enough?

I can just assure you the ED unit will run your loader of choice all day without working up a sweat.

4. jfan517

jfan517 Member

My real question is how much torque output is on the eletric motor ? Nothing is special about 22 foot pounds of torque, it was just an example. I'm just trying to figure out what the torque rating is. I understand the slip clutch is on the unit as a fail/safe, so nothing does get broke. Thanks for any input.

5. T-Sobania

T-Sobania TS Member

There isn't a spec plate on the motor, or at least on mine. I have no idea of the amount of torque but it does have a gear box and enough torque to destroy your reloader if you don't adjust the clutch correctly.

If your train of thought is building one yourself good luck.

TS

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I disagree with the last comment. I have tightened my slip clutch as tight as I can get it and if it jams for some odd reason it will still slip. It will not destroy your loader but it will sure as hell break the little plastic piece under the first die. Nothing an aluminum won't fix.

7. skeeljc

The one thing that makes the P/W Auto-Drive possible is the electronic brake. When you let go of the joystick (foot pedal) it stops instantly! You cannot accomplish that by just cutting the juice to the motor. If it did not have a brake the armature in the motor would continue to spin and drive the gear box.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have one here with foot-switch that was used maby a whole 5 days worth.

I'd sell it for $100 off and shipping.

Whiz

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Sold it.

10. skeeljc

If you are looking for an Auto-Drive deal email or PM me.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.