1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW adjustable primers station...worth the 100 bux?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have been pondering getting one of these but it goes to the back of my list while the machine is working fine. Then a primer needs set a bit deeper and I go through the hassle and I think...."Is it worth the 100 bux"???

Whats your thoughts on these? Is it a must have? or once you got it you could of lived without?

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

"Whats your thoughts on these? Is it a must have? or once you got it you could of lived without?"

Yup and nope! I load 4 brands of primers and 3 types of hulls; it's a great upgrade.

Keller

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

No big deal to adjust the old style, save the money. I never adjust mine, once was good.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have an adjustable primer feeder. I made one adjustment and havent touch it since. I load all the primers Fed,Rem, Win, cheddites.

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Push back a lil harder on the handle. Save your money. Jeff

6. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I have never used the old stlye, I have the newer one. I have made no changes to mine since the initial adjustment. The primer or hull brand makes no difference. They all seat the same, flush to the bottom of the brass. If a primer does not seat flush it isn't the adjustment but some other problem. An example is the problem of seating non Rem primers in a Rem hulls.

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have never owned a loader without the adjustable primer station so I cant speak on it but I will say that I have adjusted mine on occasion depending on the primers and the cases used. Is it worth $100? I cant answer that but I am damn glad it's on mine, just in case.

8. KooJo

KooJo Member

Himark I bought one for my old P/W loader because the old primer feed was wore out. And I understand they will only have them for a short time for the old machines. If yours is a old machine I would think about it.

9. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

With the old style primer feed you must remove the primers, disconnect the primer track, loosen the set screw, remove the primer feed, loosen the lock nut, adjust the height screw, tighten the lock nut, reinstall the primer feed, tighten the set screw, reattach the primer track, refill the primers. If you did not guess correctly on the height adjustment you must REPEAT the procedure again.

With the External Adjustable Primer Feed all you do is loosen the set screw, turn the adjustment ring, tighten the set screw and you are done.

Yes, the External Adjustable Primer Feed Assembly is worth the money!

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.