1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 900 Pimer depth problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skinny, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skinny

skinny TS Member

My Brother has bouhgt a used PW 900 and been using it for about 1 month. He is getting about 1 or 2 shots per box that won't go off. Moving the shell to the top barrel and problem solved.
    Would you have any advice I could pass along to help??
    Thanks

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

If he got an owners manual with the loader, it is pretty easy to turn the set screw so the primers don't seat so deep. He has to loosen the primer track and then remove the primer seating post and then tighten the adjusting screw maybe 1/4 turn. It sounds like a firing pin problem with the gun.

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Gun Problem most likely Or cheap primers. I had problems with Nobel primers in a Beretta but would fire every time in a K-80. Lay a small straight edge on a few primers and see if there is a variance in the depth of the battery cup. Jeff

4. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I have that problem with Federal primers and AA hulls. I'll occasionally get a primer that has a cup just a little deeper than normal and it won't go off in the bottom barrel of my XT. I have NO problems with STS, Winchester or Rio primers at all or the same combo in the top barrel where the firing pin protrudes further. I think it's the primer/hull combination.

Mike