1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 900 20 Ga. & case feeder?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Simphoto, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

My first post here, Hi all...

I am VERY interested in a case feeder for my PW 900 20 ga.

I have one on my 12 ga. 900 and I want to be able to switch the hopper over and use it when I am cranking out 20's.

PW says that "there is not enough of a market for a 20 ga. case feeder." But there is enough of a market for a 10 ga steel progressive re-loader????

Anyway, has anybody re-tooled their PW or any other case feeder to work on a 20 ga rig?

PLEASE help with ideas and pics.

I have studied my 12 ga set-up and see that there are really only two points of issue. Aside from the micro switch needing to be adjusted on the hopper shut-off, the drop tube might need to have a smaller I.D.. The hopper works fine, it doesn't know a 20 from a 12, heck they are both 2 3/4" long anyway.

But the main issue is of course the mechanism that slides the next hull on to the insertion plate on station #1. Has anybody re-fitted this part in anyway for the 20 ga seating die?

Thanks in advance

2. STOS

STOS Member

The LS1000 can reload 12ga 2-3/4 & 3" lead or steel and 10ga 3-1/2" lead or steel.

3. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

What does that have to do with my question?

4. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

I just realized who STOS is. (Bruce maybe) Sorry if I insulted you. I did not intend any insults.

I am VERY serious about the case feed system or the adapters of the existing rigs.

I can use the same hopper for both, can't reload two machines at once, yet. That is where the Auto Electric Drive Systems come in.... HINT, HINT, HINT...

Anyway, please help me in finding either a way to adapt the existing 12 ga. set-up with the addition of a few parts or something.

Thanks again to Tonya for all her help in getting the new/used machine working.

John

5. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Can I atleast get Whiz to chime in on this?

Surely I am not the only one wanting a case feed system for a 20 ga. PW?

Maybe Bruce is right, no real market for it. I know the Dillon has one for their set-up. I wonder how many of them they sell?

6. tj303

tj303 Member

Somebody used to make gauge conversion kits for PW hull feeders. Don't know if they are still made.

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Send Whiz an e-mail ... whiz@swsupply.com ... Bill Malcolm

8. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Thanks Beretta687EELL, I just did. Merry Christmas!

tj303, seams we have a pair of Beretta dudes here. Got a few of them myself. Any chance I can get you to chase down that lead for me?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too.

9. skeezix

skeezix Member

Jim Cunningham posted on shotgun world a reference to an outfit that makes them.

try this link

http://www.basicdesignmachine.com/products.asp.

john

10. tj303

tj303 Member

The link Skeezix provided in the company I was thinking of. TJ

11. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

I dropped them an email, Depending on where they are in the world (i.e. in the north east) I will wait to see when I hear back.

Thanks guys.

I just knew I wasn't the only one out there wanting to do this. They actually list it on their site, but no pricing.

12. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Anybody out there/here using his stuff? Can anybody give me an idea what his work is like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.