1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800c problem solved

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sporting clay, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporting clay

sporting clay Member

I recently bought a PW 800C with wear on the powder and shot actuating arms that causes eratic powder drops. After an unsucessful attempt to find new actuating arms I decided to attempt a fix. Most of the slack was in the upper arm, so I removed the whole assembly. Next I drilled and tapped the upper arm and the hex shaft 6-32, installed a grade 8 allen screw from both sides. This removed all slack in the upper arm. My loader now works perfectly with very consistant powder drops. The are probably a lot of PW 800's out there that could be improved with this simple job. All a man needs is a drill press, the correct size bit, a 6-32 tap, two 6-32x1/2 hardened allen head screws and a little junior technoid know-how. Good shooting----Clay

2. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Great idea. It looks like my 800B can run another 100,000 shells now. Thanks

3. sporting clay

sporting clay Member

That spring does look a little rough. I'll get right on it. The picture was taken on the down stroke though. ---Clay

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

That pre-crimp head looks like it could be in bad shape too.

If this is the one where the top shaft of the plastic cup slips up, inside the upper metal shaft, then this is a discontinued design. They now have a newer cup model.

Only reason I mention this is that I get calls from time-to-time for these older plastic heads and neither the factory nor I have any.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.