1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800+ Wizard needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tudurgs, Sep 11, 2013.

1. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

It appears that I have a cocked/jammed primer in the primer insertion station of my 800+. I cannot remove the shell, as the primer truck prevents me from unloading the shell. I don't have an owner's manual to see how to remove the primer truck so I can remove the shell. Any help would be appreciated.

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

You could lift the tooling head up? Disassembly required

3. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

You can push the entire primer feed system down with your hand. That may allow you to remove the entire die from the station.

David

4. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

Good idea, but it won't depress enough to allow the shell to be removed

5. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

I'm sure I don't have the right nomenclature. What I'm calling the primer truck is the little guy that transfers the primer into position to be inserted into the primer pocket in the shell. I want to remove the entire primer feed mechanism in order to get out the messed up shell. Thanks

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a manual for a 800+ try the link above. It is in PDF format.

Bob Lawless

7. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

Thanks. I've looked at it. I can't see that it addresses my problem

8. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

pictures?

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

To take the primer tray track off and there is a set screw in the base in front of the primer seating post. Loosen it and lift the primer seating assembly out.

Is the primer stuck in the shell? Can you raise the tool head to the top of the stroke? If so removing the primer post assembly (located in the base) wouldn't do much good.

Pictures are worth a thousand words in this case.

10. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Primer truck = primer ram

11. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I take it you want the die holder to go up. You can reach around the back of the machine and push up and hold the index pin (the pin that contacts the index pad) then you can pull down on the handle. This allows the die holder to move straight up without indexing. Cut off the powder and shot first so you do not DOUBLE charge. Jeff

12. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket tonight. The suggestion to raise the platen was a good one - I was able to remove the shell which I thought was causing the problem, but it was OK. Checked every shell for a protruding/cocked primer - all were good. The machine still was jamming, only allowing about 3/8" rotation. Lightly pulled on the handle aimlessly (for about the 40th time) and suddenly the machine worked flawlessly. I'm back in business, for who knows what reason. Thanks to all who helped out

13. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

Uh Oh. It's happened again. Have removed all shells and dies that I can (two are blocked by the vertical posts) and the platen will rotate about 1/4". Help!

14. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

You probably have to retime the turret, get it synced up again.