1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800+ w/SHELL FEEDER & AUTO-MATE II

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS,

I have a PW800+w/ the Auto-Mate II . I also have the auto shell feeder from PW .
    I have never hooked up the shell feeder because I can see it would need some modifications to be used with the Auto-Mate . The Auto-Mate was already on the press when I bought it & has been not only trouble free but a pleasure to use . I wanted to know if anyone else has the shell feeder on the setup I'm using & what you did to modify it.

Thank you in advance for your time & help .

Good luck to all at THE GRAND.
    BILL

2. soup

soup Member

ttt

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I had an 800+ with the original AutoMateII and the P/W shell feeder. As I recall, I had to trim the post that the supports the shell feeder. I also braced the aluminum piece that it screws into on the bench so it was more solid.

The post is made out of some fairly hard material, so I believe I used a chop saw. A more eloquent solution would be turn it down in a lathe, but did not have one of those handy.

After the modifications, it worked very well.

5. soup

soup Member

ttt

6. soup

soup Member

ttt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.