1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800+ vs. 800C?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

What is the difference between the 800+ and 800C? How much better is the + than the C?

2. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

The 800+ is the current model; all parts are available.

The 800C is out of production; parts availability is limited to parts-on-hand and that will only get worse.

Lister

3. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I currently have an 800 convertible and 800C. An 800C is an 800B changed over with the new short dies and taper crimp.

An 800 convertible is the machine that came out right after the 800B series. The convertible came with the short dies and taper crimp.

None of the above machines came with the quick die removal like the 800 plus does. Personally I think you’re better off buying a new 800 plus since PW stopped all production parts on all the older 800 series.

It does upset me thought that PW did this. Basically they weren't selling enough of the newer machines and with stopping all production on the older machines their sales on the new models should increase.

Dale,

4. 1oz

1oz Member

I own a 800 C per PW other parts are interchangable . You can get the quick die removal if you want for the 800 c . I was going to stock up on parts but PW told me it was no reason to . Just what i was told as i'm in it for the long hual with the 800 c machine.I see no need to purchase another machine

5. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I was told that the only parts that would no longer be available were the shut off caps in the powder and shot tubes and the brass primer feed! Everything else would still be available.PJ

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

P/W did NOT stop production on 800B, 800C, and 800CVT parts because they were not selling enough new machines.

They just got tired of having to deal with all the customers who had worn out machines and wanted "quick fixes", becasue there are/were no quick fixes as many of these machines are simply 35-40 old worn out machines. Most shooters are not mechanical enough to completely rebuild the old machines. I am even getting away from doing the old machines. There are just too many parts that need replacing; it's kind like throwing good money after bad. In the long run you are better off simply buying new.

They only have a small number of CNC machines and they are busy enough making parts for the construction of the new machines - I know, as I've at the facotry numerous times.

No different that the Model 12 and Winchester 21 shotguns. Things simply get old. Not too many of us driving 35-40 year old cars around and expect the dealers to have the necessary parts to keep them running.

Sorry, but P/W is just too busy making new stuff to retool to make the old stuff.

There are no more primer seating assemblies, no shut-off plates, and about everything else. What I would be concerned about would be the aluminum end caps.

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.