1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800+ Primer Feed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dverna, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

The only problem I have with my machine is the primer becoming "stuck" going into the track from the tray. It will hang there and the primers will not feed. This normally happens when the track is full. The primers sits at an angle and jams.

I added vibrator from Whiz a few years ago but that has not solved the problem.

I have polished and rounded the juncture where the tray and track meet and tried various angles of the track arms to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don Verna

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Try bending the two uprights on the track a little to not allow the primer to go out as far.
    Don

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

dverna, I went through the same thing and it is most likely typical. I also have a vibrator but it alone does not solve all the problems. One thing I have done is use a small file to smooth and round off all the surfaces where the track connects to the tray. The most aggravating problem was two primers would hook together and be stuck at the top of the track just as they fall into the track. I cured that by gluing a small piece of plexiglass to the front of the primer tray over the top of the track. Effectively, just an extension of the tray cover. This keeps the primer from tipping prematurely.

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I also changed the baffles on the primer tray. The originals allowed the primers to bunch up again after moving past the first one. They now move to a row of two then single file into the track. The operation is pretty much flawless now.

5. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

extension keeps the primer from tipping too soon and jamming against the one below.

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

for unknown1. right baffle is original PW. I used a piece of smoked plexiglass. The bottom edges that contact the primer flange are beveled so the body of the primer can ride along the edge of the baffle.

7. skeezix

skeezix Member

Jerry - I like that interior baffle. Thats a good idea. I was having problems with primers getting caught right at the point where the track meets the pan, I bent one of the two ears like rennerize suggests. I only had to bend the ear closest to the machine and it curred that problem 100%. The only problem it created was it interferred with swinging the cover plate open. I fooled with it a bit and it works now. But if I get a tipped over primer below the baffle, it is next to impossible to open the cover enough to get to it.

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jerry... I appreciate it!

MK

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Jerry ... I bet you could sell a ton of those baffles if you decide to produce some!

I'd be your first customer for 2 of them!

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

Jerry

Very well done. Great pictures and good design.
    Thanks a bunch.

Don Verna

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Nice job, Jerry.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.