1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800 Plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gross Man, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Fred - How do you like your PW 800+? Do you change gauges? I have three PW 800Bs and am thinking of selling them and getting a PW 800+ with multiple gauge sets. Thanx, Billy

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

The ability to remove dies at most stations is a real advantage over the older 800's.

Buy a couple of spare pins. They are a bitch to find if you drop one. But they do get found when cleaning up. I do not clean up that often.

Don Verna

3. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

Fred was there a reason that you decided to change the rubber o-rings?? I have wondered about that myself. I wonder if they wear down and if changing them would tighten things up any or avoid problems that I don't yet know are becoming problems. I did have to replace 1 of them as it just fell apart,but prior to replacing it I just ran it without any o-ring and didn't really notice any difference. I just wondered by changing all of them did you notice an improvement in performance?? If so I'm on my way to Lowes!!
    As far as the person who asked about changing gauges, I load 20ga,28ga & .410 on mine and the gauge changing is very easy,only takes a few minutes and once you've run that gauge once & have it dialed in correctly the next time you set up your machine with that gauge there are no adjustments need other that possibly turning the dial to set primer depth. I too used to have 4 P/W's for all gauges it was kind of handy because if I only wanted to run off a quick 100 28ga shells there was no set up but that way also took up a lot of room. I learned to plan ahead and always have a few flats of each gauge loaded all the time. After I got the 800 plus I sold my other machines ordered the tooling for the other gauges and also had money left over to invest in the hydraulic system. In my opinion it was the best investment I've made in a long time. I would advise to sell your other machines and get hold of Whiz White,he is a wealth of knowledge and has great customer service.

4. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Thanx guys for your comments. I am probably going to do what 2@8lo suggests. I have been in touch with the wise and wonderful Wizard. He was instrumental in getting my 800Bs going. I have one more MEC (12 ga Grabber) to sell and then my 800Bs before I buy the 800+, etc. I am thinking I will go with the electric drive. I have been around airplanes and ships, and not too excited about putting hydraulics in my basement. Billy

5. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

Fred I have found that when it comes to the primer feed chute that is kind of a bend to fit kind of thing.It just takes some bending and trial & error and you'll get it. I wish I had a better more precise answer for you.
    Jim

6. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Got two (we have two houses; I've got one in each garage) and both have all four gauges. They run like a dream, other than operator error (and I'll take the blame), they produce wonderful shells, and the gauge change is simple. It's actually harder to go from a pistol caliber to a rifle caliber with a change in primer size on my Dillon 650.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.