1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pw 800 plus?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rick (Pa), Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Can anyone tell me what year a pw 800 plus was made by the serial numbers

Thank You Rick

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

I don't think any of us dealers have that info but I'm sure the factory in Idaho does. Try them at 800-732-0706.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Thank You Doug

4. TjayE

TjayE Member

Rick(Pa): After you call P/W factory about the dates-of-manufacture for the 800+, could you let us know what P/W tells you about S/N vs. Date-of-manufactured. This would be interesting to know. Thanks. Tom

5. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

At one time in the late ’80s and early ‘90s when we first developed our hydraulic for the P/W, (at that time the Spolar Gold was just a gleam in our eye), we ordered P/W 900 reloaders by the pallet. We sold P/W’s so we could sell more of our hydraulics. The P/W’s on each pallet had serial numbers all over the map, some different by hundreds, we asked the factory why, but never received a good answer.
    Dicksie

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Call Bruce or Tawnia at the number Doug listed above and they can tell you: (1) who it was shipped to, and (2) when.

On many occasions during my factory visits, I would see a box full of warranty cards sitting on Brian's desk being serialized and stored. Consequently, I know that information exists.

Also, in talking with former P/W employees whom I have known for LONG time, I have great doubt in the comment that Spolar bought a pallet or pallets of P/W's. According to these employees (one of whom just called me) indicated that Spolar bought a "few, but never a pallet full." Let's not shoot the messenger here, but realize that I am reiterating information from employees who worked there during the time period mentioned.

As a final comments, I can also state that P/W is no longer handling the hydraulic units. As of yesterday, 9-28, I sold the last remaining unit and they will not carry hydros any longer. We, S&W, were going to step in and continue to carry them, but the folks who actually build them presently have to have about $1,000 for each unit. In this day of tight finances, it is simply not fiscally prudent to put $10,000-$20,000 into an inventory of these units and pull a max gross of 20 points. We decided to step away from this endeavor. I deeply wanted to continue handling them.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.