1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800 PLUS w/Auto-Mate II

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,
    I have a PW 800 PLUS with the Auto-Mate II -I'm wondering what other owners are using to drop the reloaded shells into a bucket/bin/container . Whiz White has a fantastic setup using pvc , works great if the loader is right on the bench . Problem is the Auto Mate is on a raised platform . The angle is kind of tight . I'd like to see what you folks are using .

Thank you in advance for your time & help.

BILL

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

put a block under your pvc the same height of the automate???

3. len loma

len loma TS Member

Not on this subject But what is better Auto-mate or PW auto system. Whats better PW hydraulic or electric?

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The P/W electric drive is twice the unit as the Automate... and I worked on the development of the design of the Automate for both the P/W and the Spolar.

The Automate has magnetic limit switches that were messing up on me constantly. Furthermore, there are no Automates being manufactured today for either the P/W or the Spolar since Jim Benn sold the Automate rights to MEC.

I use hydraulics, but (1) they are damn noisy, and (3) $1300, compared to the new Electric Drive at $800. The E/D also has a clutch, which makes mistakes forgiving... the hydro just kept punching through.

I have received more "thanks" and "general compliments" on the new Electric Drive than on any other P/W item I have sold, save the reloaders.

WW

5. soup

soup Member

ttt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.