1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800 Plus vs RCBS Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting back into reloading and am looking for some info. on these two loaders. I used to reload years ago on a PW 900 elite, and it was fine. So going to the 800 plus would be an easy learning curve ( I hope ). But I was just watching a youtube video on the RCBS Grand and it looks like a real nice machine. I like how you load a shell and a wad at the same time then pull the handle. Also the case activated powder and shot drop feature is nice. ( No spills ). Thanks for any opinions. Dale

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Don't you add a hull and wad at the same time on all the progressive loaders? I know you do on my old Pacific 366.

3. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Hi Matt, On the old 900 you would add a shell when the handle was in the down position ( turret up in the tool head ) and a wad when the handle was in the up position. So not at the same time, one in each position. Dale

4. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

US Marine Retired, thanks for your input and your service. Dale

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Dale,

If you are thinking of an 800 Plus, I am considering selling mine as I just bought a near new Patriot. It is great shape bought new about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, there is not anti-spill device on an 800 plus.

John

6. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

John, pm sent. I might be interested in your pw.

7. APrice

APrice Active Member

Having both, I would definitely recommend you stay with PW. Customer support is great from RCBS, but doesn't outweigh the machine's deficiencies.

If you can swing it, go ahead and get a Spolar. You will enjoy reloading like you never have before.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

MarineRetired: What did you folks end up with up there with the weather.

I had some customers in RI who got hit hard, and I heard from one in PA too.

Hope you are staying warm, and loading up a storm!

Whiz

9. xtinman

xtinman TS Member

I have one PW and TWO RCBS. Sent the PW in for a tune-up and it cost $200.00. Sent the RCBS in for tune-up, no charge, not even for the freight back to me. Any time you need a part just call them in Oroville CA and its sent out the next day
    Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is pw 800 plus case activated