1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800 Plus setup question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

What is the proper way to adjust the two nylon set screws that apply tension on the rack that drives the cogs in the top plate? When I tighten the four screws that hold the top plate on, the rack won't move if the two screws are pressing to hard on the rack. thanks, Dale

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

loosen the nylon screws to lift the top plate up, then tighten the four top bolts snug. I put lock washers on the top bolts so the don't loosen up.

3. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Jim Skeel informed me to back them off 1/4 turn after making contact. dale

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I adjust the front screw with the rack sticking out the front and the rear screw with the rack all the way back. I run them down until they rest lightly on top of the rack and then back them off until I can feel just a little up-down movement in the rack.

I did replace the little nylon screws with nylon hex bolts and nylon jamb nuts so I don't need tools to make adjustments.

Keller

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

If the machione is NEW, why are you messing with them?

As the Rack Gear wears the aluminum channel over the years you *MIGHT* consider their function and ONLY just enough to reduce slop. NEVER tighten them to a point whereby you can feel the Rack Gear is snug... then you've overdone it.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If the rack is difficult to move first be sure the nylon screws are backed off. If the rack is still difficult to move there is too much pressure on the powder seal. To reduce the pressure on the powder seal loosen the two front thumbscrews (the weight of the hopper and its contents is enough to load the powder seal). Then run the nylon screws in until they contact the rack and back them off 1/4 turn.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

7. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.