1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800 plus primer feed problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Every once in a while my primer feed does not get a primer in the feed ram and when I cycle the handle the ram moves forward with out a primer. If I happen to see it I can manually insert a primer on the seating post and avoid a shell with no primer, if not I get a shell with out a primer and powder pouring out of that shell. I always keep the primer tray and track full of primers so thats not the issue. Any help from our 800 plus experts would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Dale

2. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Dale, I would give Whiz White a call when you are at your press. If I remember right, there are some small washers that control the travel of that ram, and depending on several factors, it needs to be right on. Once adjusted, I suspect it will roll along for you a very long time.

I had the unfortunate experience of installing a new ram that had been cut slightly off at the factory...and I can tell you no amount of adjustment will help that one, but it will drive you crazy trying. New Ram, new spring, washer adjustment I can't remember the details of (top/bottom of the metal piece the roller rides up and down on), and Whiz had me rolling along nicely.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

There is a small adjustment at the screw that holds the primer track to the primer ram assembly. Take something to run across the track to the primer ram assembly to see if there is a slight elevation and side to side difference. If so adjust the track until it level and square with the primer assembly.

I also put some graphite under and on both sides the primer ram so it would slide smoother.

I'm sure there are other possible fixes but these worked for me.

Bill

4. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, great advice. I appreciate it. Dale

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Make sure there is no trash or shot in the track sides . Jeff

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Where the track meets the primer seating assembly, the track absolutely MUST be centered in the aluminum or brass slot. Barring that, there is good advice given above.

WW

7. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jeff and Whiz more great advice. Dale

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The primer track fits into a slot in the side of the primer feed aassembly. The primer track can be moved forward and backward in the slot. There is no up/down adjustment. Loosen the screw below the track. The bracket holding the track has an oversized hole so the track can be moved forward or backward in the slot in the primer feed assembly. Try moving the track forward or backward until the primers feed 100 percent.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

9. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim, I think that was the problem. Seems ok now. Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pw 800 plus primer feed problems

pw primer feeding problems