1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pw 800 plus or 2000

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by verypoor, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verypoor

verypoor Member

0   0   0

any out there for sale? 12gauge

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

The last used P/W Platinum 2000 I saw sold on eBay for $655. You will not find a 800 Plus or a Platinum 2000 in really good condition for less than $500.

A new 800 Plus is $850 and a Platinum 2000 is $800.

Good luck,

Jim Skeel P/W Dealer/Distributor

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

0   0   0

I would suggest you consider new, and go 800+. If you found a bargain loader, no telling what "adjustments" have been made to it, or if it had been stressed and bent in ways that would not be desirable.

Give Whiz a call and order a new 800+ and you will no doubt be a happy reloader.

4. setool

setool Member

0   0   0

I second this... Not only a first class loader, but Whiz is "THE MAN !!!

He'll sell it to you, and unconditionally support it. His knowledge on the P/W presses is second to none, period !!

Mark Schneider

5. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

0   0   0

I have the 2000 with all four gauges. It takes me about 20 minutes to change it over to another gauge. I have about $1600 invested in it.

If I did it again, I'd go with the 800. More money up front but changing gauges is much quicker (5+ minutes) and resale is better too. There's a larger following.

I love my 2000 and have zero problems with it. I tend to load and shoot instead of stock up so I change it over frequently and the 800 is better suited to this.

If your staying with one gauge, I see little advantage to the 800.

6. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Excellent explanation.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

7. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

The indexing mechanism on the Platinum 2000 is fixed. It never needs adjusting.

The indexing mechanism on the 800 Plus is adjustable. That means it may need some adjustment at some point in time. This can be an advantage, especially in the small gauges.

Jim Skeel P/W Dealer/Disributor

8. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

0   0   0

I bought the 800+ a little over a year ago, I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. It's a great loader with great support, you won't be sorry.

BILL

9. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

BP,

Check your pm's.

KF

10. 1939 gunner

1939 gunner Member

0   0   0

If you want to save some money i have a800 plus i received for my birthday.i just bought the elect.power unit and case feeder,set it up and now i can'n shoot.will sell it all for 1550.00plus shipping. wade

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Head on over to my above website and read the article <i>"Differences Bewteen P/W's 800 Plus and Platinum 2000 Reloaders"</i> I wrote about the two P/W models several years ago.

The Platinum 2000 uses a Grivory (plastic) turret, whereas the 800 Plus uses aluminum. I have reloaded of all of these for many, many years. I prefer the aluminum turret. When the Platinum's were first introduced, they had aluminum turrets. Then the factory moved to the Grivory. For about a year I convinced the factory to continue making the aluminum models, and I sold mostly all of the aluminum ones. When they ceased supplying the aluminum turrets, I then stuck with the 800 Plus. I do use a hydraulic unit on them, so I prefer the aluminum over the plastic.

The Platinum's Grivory IS warranted for a lifetime, however, if it needs replacing either you send the machine to the factory to have it replaced, or someone else, or do it yourself. Some guys prefer not to do this themselves, and I have replaced several here at the shop for many of those folks.

Lastly, the 800 Plus may have better resaleability in that it become more desirable to someone who may want it for multiple gauges. Toolheads in all five (12, 20, 28, 16, 410) gauges are available and easily changed in a few minutes. The Platinum *can* have different gauges, but this involves adjusting EVERYTHING damned near.

Read the article and make your own choice. The 800 Plus cost $50 more than the Platinum.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor/Exporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.