1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW 800+ oring part numbers.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by leftex, Jan 5, 2017.

1. leftex

leftex Active Member

Does anybody know the McMaster Carr p/n for the orings that are used on the die pins? How about the p/n for the square one that is used for the powder bushing seal?

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. Steve12

Steve12 Well-Known Member

Call 1800 7320706
    Ask for Wayne. Anyone at that number can give you your answer.

They are on line. You could look through their Catalog.

Ponswess Warren

Nice people.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

My die retaining pins don't have o-rings, but it's a novel idea. But the fact that you want/need to replace them probably means that they are not terribly long-lived.

I cross-drilled my non-o-ring pins to accept a short length of large diameter string trimmer line which I cut off to allow just a few-thousandths-of-an-inch worth to stand proud of the pin's surface. This keeps the pins tight in the turret for quite a long time depending on how often they need to be removed. Trim the ends correctly and they will last for a very long time! Once the trimmer line wears down it's easy and cheap to replace with new line for a tight fit.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Steve12 thanked this.
  4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Call Whiz White or check his website

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I finally bought a new 800 two years ago. Those O rings and "Live Round" warning stickers came off in the first 2000 rounds loaded. They are not needed. Just take them off. BTW, current load count is 26000... I had not realized how worn my old 900 was getting.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I have an old 800+ and the O-rings are still in place.

One thing you could do is take a pin and go to an auto parts store or a Industrial supply store to see if they have one. The Industrial supply store would likely have metric size if you needed a in-between size.

himark, when you took your dies out did you rub any oil around the pin and 0-rings why you replaced them?

7. leftex

leftex Active Member

The replacement oring for the die pins is a -006. Occasionally my pins ride up when I'm loading. I actually had one come out once. I've replaced the orings on all the pins but haven't reloaded anything yet. We shall see what happens.