1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pw 800+ ? / issue

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

The issue is when the machine has no hulls, if i leave the primer gate open and have a primer setting on the primer seating post,if i try and pull the handle,the primer is being partially picked up by the empty die and it is carried over and dropped out. I tried swapping the whole assembly with one out of a 2000 and get the same result. my 2000 will index with a primer setting on the post with no shells in the machine,is it just a difference between the two machines. it works fine if i open the primer gate when shell number 1 is indexing over to number 2 and so on and on..then i have to close the gate prior to the last shell for the session and make sure only 1 primer is left to seat into last shell for the session. any ideas?? is this normal operation?? should the 2000 not index when no hulls are in it and a primer is on the post??

bill

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The primer assy is set too high, and because it is, I have to assume that the hull is being seated too deeply in the die at station 1.

Lower the shell-seating post a 1/16" and the primer assy as well.

Sounds like the 2000 is set correctly.

WW

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I've seen a stray piece of shot stuck in the bottom of the primer hole cause the same problem.

It gets flattened out and becomes really hard to see, but it raises the primer just enough to cause problems.

You need to remove the whole unit and look into the hole with a bright light - if there's one in there you'll most likely need to use a small pick to break it free.

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

i will give it a look ,and it would be hard to see without the proper light i am sure, something is preventing it from being able to go lower, i swapped the assembly from another machine and still get the same result,previous owner said it had always been that way....

bill

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

with no shells in the machine to load and a primer seated on the post a 800+ will not index, as confirmed by the factory. why does this matter?? the 2000 will index so you dont have to be concerned with closing the primer gate and insuring the last shell recieves the last primer in a loading session.

bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.