1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PW/2000 help-primer arm doesn't move

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeeljc, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

There are index marks (dots) on the rack (long straight bar with teeth) and on each gear (shot and powder). Bring the handle forward unti the dots on the rack are at 3:00 position on each gear. The dots on the gears must line up with the dots on the rack. The powder gear (smaller bushing hole) goes in the front.

Jim Skeel, P/W Dealer

2. oz

oz Active Member

when you change....pull the handle down, switch either (powder or shot) to on (with a container under the drop tube) pull the rack towards you as far as you can with your fingers. loosen the retainer and remove the black plastic cover. you should be able to get them out with a bore cleaner brush (comes with loader). putting them back in is easy. oz

3. STOS

STOS Member

Place the handle in neutral position [about half way down] and place the gears so the dots on the gear meet with the dots on the gear rack.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

EB, a PW is a wonderful machine ( after you understand it) just hang in there until you do. It will all come together then.. I suggest talking in person to Whiz, then you will begin to get it. Lou in Idaho

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Whiz sells a hardened primer ram, get one. Yours is likely bent but it could be just out of alignment caused by the primer feed ( very sensitive) if it is not bent, it will be so call Whiz and buy his, then concentrate on the alignment of the feed and primer assy, your probs will be gone

6. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

you might have a peice of shot in the primer slide. mine did that the other day. When I time the loader. I pull the handle all the way down and then line up the drop ports with gearing so it's centered, that will give you full range. Hope that helps.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Sorry headhunter but absolutely do not line up the bushing holes in the gears with the drop ports. Use the dots on the gears and the rack. These holes must also align with the openings in the shot/powder baffles when the handle is up.

The primer ram can be worked by hand. You can feel if something is binding the ram such as a piece of shot. Probably taking off the ram cover and cleaning it should solve the problem. No oil should be placed on the primer ram.

Pat Ireland

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Under normal circumstances, if you place the gears in the reservoir housing such that the alignment dots on the black plastic gears sit at about 12 o'clock, and you then install the Rack Gear with the operating handle in the home position, you should be dead one.

Once installed BE SURE TO CHECK by operating/cycling the machine - BE CAREFUL, if you do this with the Shot/Powder tubes or EZ-Fill removed. The Rack Gear can pop-up and there have been occasions where one has broken off a piece of the aluminum reservoir doing this. I keep a finger on the Rack Gear, if exposed, while I operate the operating handle.

DO NOT advance the gear's timing marks. If you feel that you must, then this is an indicator that the Index Pad is probably adjusted too high.

HOWEVER, don't simply go and readjust the Index Pad... go to my website and download the Index Pad Adjustment Instructions and read them FIRST. If is a bit more involved that a simple up/down pad adjustment.

Whiz

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Disconnect the primer feed chute from the side of the primer feed assembly and see if that frees it up. If it does, you'll need to bend the tab that supports the primer tray so that the tray and chute put zero strain on the primer assembly when the two are attached to each other.

MK

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

If the Primer Ram gets stuck, you've bent the "hook" shaped end of it.

Try to straighten it out, but be careful, you can re-bend these about ONE TIME, and then the go to the junk pile.

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.