1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PVD coating- aftermarket availability?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any reputable companies that offer PVD coating that is becoming more and more popular on production guns (Rem 1100 G3, Blaser)? I began shooting a new to me kolar this past spring, which had a fresh reblue right before I bought it, and by now, the gun looks like it's been shot for 5 years due to the bluing wear. On the other hand, my dad has a greystone 682, which is treats like CRAP (lol), and has been shooting it for 7 years, and it looks like new... I've thought about the teflon coatings, but from what I can see, if you get a matte finish, instead of wearing though it, where the wear normally would occur, you end up polishing it w/ your hands, and it becomes shiny, loosing its flat finish, which IMHO, is worse than the wear that your trying to prevent... I'm not really turned on by any of the nickle finishes due to the glare they create, the darker matte and the more black the better...

If I could get the same type of black finish thats on the the blaser f3, that would be ideal, i really like that understated look.

I came across this: http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/services/gunsmith/SGCGSpricesAug08.pdf PVD is mentioned on page 5.

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have the same problem and would like to find someone who does coating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.