1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Putting tubes in a 3200?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jfesi, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfesi

jfesi Member

I have been looking at Remington 3200's to use for trap and some sporting, so I was going to get the trap version and get it tubed. I contacted Briley and they sent me back an email stating that if I sent them the barrels they would evaluate them and let me know if they could be tubed. I have thin walls in my 90T and have a full set of chokes.
    Has anyone had a 3200 tubed by Briley? If so is there anything particular that I should look for in the barrels that I purchase?

Thanks for your help,
    Joe

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Remington 3200s have thin barrels.

Briley is being honest ... they should be able to install thinwall tubes ... IF they have not been backbored or chokes altered.

3. jfesi

jfesi Member

Do you think that the best bet is to find full/full or full/Imod barrels so that there will be the most barrel material remaining?

Thanks,
    Joe

4. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

I have one with Briley thinwalls. The barrels are extremely thin and you need to be careful with it. One of mine has a slight ding in it from being bumped. All that said I really like the additional versatility of having tubes.

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The biggest issue that Briley has with 3200s ... and that is barrel-work, as well as tubes ... is that so many 3200 bbls are not concentric, and they can have thin spots, as well as shoot 'round the corner.

Unless the barrel is pretty round, the tubes don't fit, and there are poi issues.

Bob

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I had them put thin walls in my gun/3200. Very nice job love them! Bill

7. dshot

dshot Member

All the above infor. is correct, I had two guns done by Briley, no problems. I had one done by a different Co. because it was less expences and because of the thin barrels you could see the threads from the outside of the bottom barrel, it was a skeet and skeet barrel, the other two were trap barrels.

8. seitz10

seitz10 Member

If there is any interest for a 3200 with briley choke tubes, I have one that I would sell. Gun has a high rib, adjustable comb and butt stock. Stock is painted along with forend. Any interest just send a private message. Thanks roger or call 507-250-2602 anytime central time.

9. WTW

WTW Member

Unless you plan on keeping the ngun don't do it. You can buy a browing with factory tubs for a little more cash.

Ted

10. jfesi

jfesi Member

Please send some pictures to jfesi@americanaircharter.com.

Thanks,

Joe

11. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I see you say you have a full set of Briley tubes for your 90t. It is likely that if you have Briley tubes put in the 3200 they will be a different series than those for your 90t. Briley tubes are matched to the bore size of the particular barrel being tubed.

12. jfesi

jfesi Member

Thanks for all of the info!
    Joe

13. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I would second the idea of getting a Browning O/U instead. You can easily get parts for a Browning where the 3200 has been out of production for many years and only Pat Laib in Minnesota has an inventory of parts. I have owned both guns in the past and sold my 3200 when our local gunsmith who had the skill to make parts retired.

14. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I recently sold one with Seminole thinwalls. They were just fine.

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If you had a 3200 with fixed chokes: light modified and modified, you would have a great gun for singles, doubles, short to medium handicap, and sporting clays withoug ever having to change a choke. For the occasional in-your-face sporting clays target you could have a couple spreader loads available.

16. Mike-n-CA

Mike-n-CA Member

My 3200 has Briley thin wall chokes and I use the Briley Companion Ultra Lite tubes in it. The barrels were originally choked Skeet and Skeet and the thin walls were done by a previous owner. I shoot both 410 and 28 ga out of the tubes but do not have a set of 20 ga tubes yet.

Mike

17. K-80BUD

K-80BUD TS Member

I have a Rem 3200 Special Trap that I sent to Briley years ago. They put in choke tubes so I could restore it to Im and Full. Skeet chokes that the sub guage tubes fit. Still working well after 25-30 years. This was so long ago that the tubes don't have choke tubes in them. Bud Wood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to put tubes in a 3200
remington 3200 bore size

remington 3200 special trap modified for sporting clays