1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

putting 10mi back to work.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slipping into darkness, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

What do you think about putting all the people back to work by home schooling, close all schools across the u.s.a. the money saved by removing school taxes plus 90% of all the teachers wages and benefits, well have more than enough saved to "pay" the home sub schooler's plus keep 10% of the teachers for grading purpose's. plus some of the parents just might increase there ability's. well probably save enough to pay off the national debt and raise the whole country's I.Q.- where maybe they'll no who to Vote for in the next election.

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

No Chance of working because,

1. The majority of adults in the US aren't educated sufficiently to be educators.

2. Most parents are too preoccupied with their own struggles to make ends meet to spend that kind of time with their kids

3. If the teachers weren't teaching what else could they do to survive other than become welfare recipients.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Well if all those that voted 2 yrs. ago home school their kids to vote the way they voted we're in BIGGER trouble. They have more time to make new voters because the rest of us are busy working to support them. Ross

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm all for shutting down the government schools. Sub education out.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

The parents are out working so they can pay taxes to employ/welfare the worthless bums. The day of the stay at home Mom (or Dad), is all but over.

The libs had an idea for Detroit, click the link and see what they got.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Bisi, I share your view point but I also think there would be a problem once people discovered the true costs of education as in they had to pay to play.

For those of us that pay significant income and property taxes, we are use to paying our way and then some but there are a whole bunch of other people that don't shoulder this burden. Unfortunately the chances for the kids that come from those lower end families would go from slim to none with privatized education.

7. jlb

jlb Member

I believe that states should support home schooling by providing one third of the cost of public education for each home schooled child. Such a transfer of funds may increase the number of home schooled students, who from my experience, receive an excellent education.

8. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Bumper sticker I read today: "Education is not expensive, but ignorance is." Home schooling is fine if you have an educated home school teacher. I myself could of taught my two boys, but we probably would have had a lot of recess!!

Rod

9. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Expecting all parents to take on the responsibility of home schooling their childen is ludicrous. We'd only be building future generations of welfare recipients that are as stupid as their parents. Some parents might have/make the time, but for the most part, it won't get done. Half would only be taught how to do drugs and sleep all day. Another 25% lacks the time, the skills and the desire. The remaining 25% would just be a crap shoot. The education system doesn't need to be canned. It needs to be reformed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.