1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

put together trap guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhmorrisn, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

I finish my two years in the Army in1958. I had saved up about $125.00 to buy a Trap Gun.

The spring of 59, I went out on Militarily Ave to Moneymaker’s Gun Shop.

There I made the announcement that I wanted to buy a trap gun. After a quick look at me, he asked just one question, “How much money did I have?” Which I proudly told him.

He spend a short time in the back room starting with the action, putting together the stock, forearm and barrel and came back with a Remington 870TB.

He showed me all the good stuff about it and said something about it not really being a TB model. Which I didn’t understand what he was talking about or cared. I paid him the money and he ‘fitted’ the stock to me and he told me to pick it up in a couple of days.

My son and a couple of his buddies used it on the High School’s trap team

Now my Granddaughter is finishing up her High School trap shooting which she used a Rem 1100. She said it didn’t kick as much as the 870.

Some time ago, I picked up an 870 Magnum that had a nice looking (trap) barrel complete with choke tubes. Always planed to put this barrel on my 870. Just never got around to it.

This spring my grandson, a schoolteacher got to running with different crowd, trap shooters of all things.

OK Grandpa, what’s he going to use?

I ordered a used 870-trap stock off the Internet for $50. It fit just fine.

After just started shooting trap this spring, he busted 25 straight a week ago. With his ‘put together trap gun.

One last thing, from the Remington web site I entered the serial number of my Moneymaker barrel and it came back as manufacture in 1958.

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of Remingtons, 870, 1100, 11-87s, and I don't think any of them are the same as the way they came from the factory. That is what is nice about the platform, very versatile. Mark

3. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

The 870 Remington is 3rd behind Barbie and the AR-15 for available ad on accessories.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Really? You can get a Barbie with a picatinny rail??? Cool! What about Ken - any bolt ons available there?

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

you don't want to know. Ken is missing some parts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.